Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Summary on Credit Report

So I started my journey to repair my credit sometime in the last 2.5 months. Since I started I have gotten late payments removed, collection accounts completely deleted, and accounts updated to reflect the correct information. I have also requested Paid in Full letters from all accounts that have good standing, and I am waiting to receive letters from companies I have already spoken to.

Well I have USAA and I was using the credit check and ID Monitor but I have noticed some inconsistencies so I canceled my membership. I was down to 2 accounts in collection, I have already spoken to the company and with a settlement they are going to completely remove and delete it out of my credit report / history. I pulled my credit reports tonight and now my EQ is showing I have 4 accounts that were ever late and now I know 2 of them should be reporting because those are the ones I did "pay to delete". The other 2 have 0 balances, werent reporting before now, and I feel like this really hurt my score.

Heres what the summary states on my credit report for all 3 CB.

Accounts ever late: EX- 2, EQ- 4, TU-1

Collection Accounts: EX-3, EQ-4, TU-3

Installment debt is the same across the board

Revolving debt: same across the board

Funny thing- EX and TU are reporting same total debt, EQ is reporting more but there isnt anything differe. I combed thru my report with a fine tooth comb lol

Okay so now to the scores. 581, 585, 587 but when my credit report was pulled a few days ago my credit was 553. Could that just be they pulled FICO and not vantage? (USAA used the Vantage 3.0 score.)  I also noticed "things hurting my score" are way off. Its showing my oldest account is LESS THAN 6 months old- I have accounts open from 2009.

I have fallen on financial problems recently (recent discharge from the military and benefits havent kicked in yet) so until I have income flowing again I wont be able to sign up for myFICO. I want to sign up for the 3B FICO I believe its called, the $30 a month one LOL. I just want an accurate update on my scores after the hard work I have put in to fix my mistakes.

1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Summary on Credit Report

It's not clear to me what you're comparing here.  Where are the scores in the 580 range from?  Where did the score (553) when you pulled your report come from?  Where did you pull your reports from?  If the scores came from USAA's credit monitoring service they're definitely VantageScores.

As for "accurate", VantageScores are accurate.  However, you can't use a score generated by one model to determine the score generated by another model.  Different models evaluate report data differently and can even have different scoring ranges.  Accuracy is not how well a given model mimics another model for models like VantageScore which are not designed to mimic a FICO model.  If you want to know what your score is for a given model & CRA then you need to pull that specific score.

VantageScores are only going to be relevant to creditors that acutally use them in their decision.  Same thing applies to any model and you have to be careful even with FICO since FICO doesn't have just one model and the comment above about not using one model to determine another model's score applies even with the FICO models.

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want an accurate update on my scores after the hard work I have put in to fix my mistakes.

If you're looking for an idea of progress you don't really need myFICO or FICO scores.  Derogs tend to have a significant impact as long as they are on one's reports.  If you have remaining derogs then you definitely need to get them addressed to help out your scores regardless of model.  You've made good progress -- just keep at it.

If you want to see what number a creditor will pull for you then you need to know the model & CRA and pull that specific score.  While most creditors use FICO 8 it is not used for all creditors/products so be careful relying solely on FICO 8.

If it fits your budget and myFICO is pricey for you then consider Credit Check Total for FICO 8's.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.