Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprising Call

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suprising Call

I had a CC I never paid from over 7 almost 8 years ago. The account has been sold a few times since then and I havn't heard from anyone about it in a couple years. It fell off the credit reports just earlier this year. Today I got a call from some collection agency about it. The call was kind of a scary feeling. I am glad I have been reading alot here cause they tried to intimidate me a little. The mentioned having a good credit report, I told em I know it can't be reported legally and I also knew the SOL was up for the account. They wanted to fax or email me a settlement. I said I would only take it snail mail and I will respond with a DV. I wouldn't confirm the debt was mine. I don't know what prompted them to call me and on my cell phone at that. I think it has something to do with recent applications for credit. It was an old ****** acct and I just applied for a ****** card. Do you think this is possible? They called me on my cell phone which is in my wifes name. How else would they get this number if not from the recent application.

Thanks,
Kevin

Message Edited by Rockjock on 08-14-2007 08:05 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suprising Call

I also just received a letter from a ca "MCM" on a old......old... CapOne Card that was on my report for 7.5 years, they sold it to 3 other ca's at one time all 3 for the same account were on my cr.  They finally fell off, but now I received this letter from a different ca, and I saw their inquiry on my report.  Of course, my credit is finally looking fairly good, and I've received a couple of high cl tl's.  Can they put this back on my cr?  Any help will be greately appreciated.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe they legally can't.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

DuckHunter wrote:
I also just received a letter from a ca "MCM" on a old......old... CapOne Card that was on my report for 7.5 years, they sold it to 3 other ca's at one time all 3 for the same account were on my cr.  They finally fell off, but now I received this letter from a different ca, and I saw their inquiry on my report.  Of course, my credit is finally looking fairly good, and I've received a couple of high cl tl's.  Can they put this back on my cr?  Any help will be greately appreciated.

nope they can not!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HappyDays!  I really could use the good news on this one. I really appreciate the help.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you receive anything from them   just respond with DO NOT CALL ME. Let them know that if they call call you on any phone # that they will be in violation......otherwise ignore them!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kevin, how much was the debt for? Just curious...
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

About $3000 and they offered a 35% settelment.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can always try too collect on the debt untill doomsday but they can't report it
on your credit reports and they can't sue you so ignore them.
The CA'S are vultures looking at activity on accounts and waiting for
someone to be dumb enough to pay on something after SOL that they really don't legally have to,
then they get the money for pennies on the dollar...
I would like too know what software these CA'S use cause they see everything about
us and sometimes just activating a cell phone account gives them enough info to see
an old unpaid debt that we can't see so they must have some neat software out there
that has a pool of info on everybody...
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They can always try too collect on the debt untill doomsday but they can't report it
on your credit reports and they can't sue you so ignore them.
The CA'S are vultures looking at activity on accounts and waiting for
someone to be dumb enough to pay on something after SOL that they really don't legally have to,
then they get the money for pennies on the dollar...
I would like too know what software these CA'S use cause they see everything about
us and sometimes just activating a cell phone account gives them enough info to see
an old unpaid debt that we can't see so they must have some neat software out there
that has a pool of info on everybody...

You didn't know the CRA'd\s have a product that notifies the CA's when your Credit report changes?

If I find the link I will post it.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.