Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising GW success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprising GW success

Last month I called Chase directly and ask that they remove some derogatory data from my credit file as a GW gesture.  I explained why I was late and told them I was looking to refinance my home and needed a credit increase to do so...especially now with all the mortgage problems going on.  They told me they would consider it and get back with me.  A few weeks later I get a letter from them saying they were sorry, but they couldn't remove the derog data because they "wanted to preserve the integrity of the credit bureau reporting system" and for good measure they included statements showing where my account was late twice.
So today...a month later...I get a 10 pt fico increase notification from myfico...YEAH!!!  I assumed it was because I recently paid off 2 credit cards, but NO, it was because Chase had a change of heart I guess and removed all derog data from my credit file...amazing!!  Thanks ChaseSmiley Very Happy

This thought I would share. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Re: Surprising GW success

WTG!!

I AM CONSIDERING WRITING A GW LETTER TO ONE COMPANY BUT I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE SCARED OF BEING REJECTED -- AGAIN. I SPOKE WITH THEM OVER THE PHONE BUT NOW I GUESS I WILL JUST TAKE A BREATH AND WRITE A LETTER.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic 2day, and yes it is! Congrats, the GW's work! "Work the system, and the system works for you"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I call this "plausible deniably"
Congrats-
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.