Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend my License Part II

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suspend my License Part II

I spoke with an attorney at length today.

It appears such an act falls under subrogation, and as such is not subject to Fair Debt Act.

They can in fact suspend your license, at least in AL. As long as the CA, "Vengraff Wilson & Ass" in my case, is collecting on behalf of State Farm. However, it appears that if they bought the debt, then it should fall under FD Act.

Guess I will call them and give them my good address, even though they should already have it. Then a DV, and go from there.

Thanks for y'alls advice and wisdom.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suspend my License Part II

So did the attorney say if they had bought the debt outright, rather than collecting on behalf of State Farm, that subrogation does not apply?

Normally I keep DVs very simply, but in this case I would specifically ask whether they are collecting on behalf of State Farm or whether this debt was purchased outright by them.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suspend my License Part II

@Anonymous wrote:
So did the attorney say if they had bought the debt outright, rather than collecting on behalf of State Farm, that subrogation does not apply?

Normally I keep DVs very simply, but in this case I would specifically ask whether they are collecting on behalf of State Farm or whether this debt was purchased outright by them.

Yes, he did if the debt was bought, they are full of it. I will get the letter from them in a few days, then DV it.

The lady I gave my address to was much nicer than the first one I spoke with, when I gave her my correct address, she said they would send out the "Validation" letter right away. Now just watching and waiting.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.