Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suze Orman FICO® Kit Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suze Orman FICO® Kit Platinum

Hi thanks for reading, i'm wondering which i should purchase "score watch" or "suze orman kit?  Also do either of these show the credit scores that the lenders see or it will be different?   Also, is the FICO® Simulator accurate?      Thanks, for the replies
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Suze Orman FICO® Kit Platinum

I just had that same choice to make. I ended up getting both, so my experience may help you.

1: Suz Orm's thing is nice. If there are errors it helps you write a letter to the credit bureau's to dispute / correct stuff. Be sure to proof read closely so you get the intended result. TransUnion ended up changing the employeer as recent and I've been here for like 4 years now. It comes with free reports. Based on the cost of each report, it's a good deal just to get the reports. If you plan on paying for 3+ reports with scores, I'd recommend this.

2: Score Watch. It's pretty cool cause it lets you know when things change. Reports are cheaper when you subscribe to that ($10.95). One of these days I'm going to sit down and check out some Q&A and Boards. Settings have to be maintained right or you could not get the intended results. Report price alone makes it a good deal. If you plan on really working on your score and getting stuff fixed, updated, then this is a good deal for you. 

Now that I got the score I was looking for and was able to open a few new accounts like I wanted to, I'll sock Suz Orm away and just use Score Watch.

Just my insight into both for me...

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to Karatz. I also use both and to add, SW covers EQ only and is geared towards monitoring of EQ, whereas Suze's kit allows you to purchase three reports between EQ and TU.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the great responses, pretty much i'm looking to get rid of collections whether i do a Pay For Delete or whatever is the best way to get the quickest results and raise my score the most.   Since i don't know how to do a PFD, i was wondering does suze orman kit or score watch have a sample PFD letter and other sample letters that might help me obtain my goal?    I really don't want to pay these accounts i have 2 account, because i don't owe them anything, but it is hurting my credit, so i guess i'll have to pay them.   1 is for $78 (about 4 mths old) and it is for sprint cell phone, i think it has been turned over to a 3rd party collection agency, and 2nd one is a CC (about 9 ths old) also turned over to a 3rd party collection agency and it is for $330.    I have the money to pay in full, i just want to make sure if i pay in full and they say they will take them off my credit they arent just lying to me, thats where i hope i can find sample letters of how i should word it.   thanks mike 
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow llecs, how did u get your score to jump by almost 200 points in 7 mths???    very impressive
Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mk231975 wrote:
wow llecs, how did u get your score to jump by almost 200 points in 7 mths???    very impressive

Nope...2 yrs. Lows posted were from 2007 and the recent highs were from 2009. However, I did increase my 3 FICO scores (at the time we could get all 3) by 70-120 points within a month or two of starting repair. It took hard work, lots of letters, and lots of trips to the post office. There were also some mistakes initially reporting that played into that too.

Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mk231975 wrote:
Thanks for the great responses, pretty much i'm looking to get rid of collections whether i do a Pay For Delete or whatever is the best way to get the quickest results and raise my score the most.   Since i don't know how to do a PFD, i was wondering does suze orman kit or score watch have a sample PFD letter and other sample letters that might help me obtain my goal?    I really don't want to pay these accounts i have 2 account, because i don't owe them anything, but it is hurting my credit, so i guess i'll have to pay them.   1 is for $78 (about 4 mths old) and it is for sprint cell phone, i think it has been turned over to a 3rd party collection agency, and 2nd one is a CC (about 9 ths old) also turned over to a 3rd party collection agency and it is for $330.    I have the money to pay in full, i just want to make sure if i pay in full and they say they will take them off my credit they arent just lying to me, thats where i hope i can find sample letters of how i should word it.   thanks mike 

Check in the stickied threads, especially within Rebuilding Your Credit, for some great letter examples.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, still raising your score 70-120 points witnin the first 2 mths, wow if i could do that, that would be awesome.    Thanks for the info, so how long have u been a mod for on this board?
Message 8 of 10
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very smart. You have no idea how many people in real life that I know who pay off an old debt and for some unknown reason never ask to have it removed on the condition of paymment. Money talks.

I have no experience with letters, just search the forums for key terms like good will, letters, and such. For my education, I like it when others post results, so if you don't mind, come back to this tread when you're done. I book marked it.

Best of luck

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mk231975 wrote:
Wow, still raising your score 70-120 points witnin the first 2 mths, wow if i could do that, that would be awesome.    Thanks for the info, so how long have u been a mod for on this board?

I've been here for over 2 yrs but moderating for a month shy of 1 yr. We are all volunteers and are eager to pay it forward. So many helped me....can't help but to return the favor.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.