cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suzy gives different score than TransUnion - WHY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suzy gives different score than TransUnion - WHY?

Hey all, I recently (Sunday) signed up for the credit card protection here on this site. As part of the service, I was provided with my TransUnion fico score. It was 769. But, the previous day (Saturday), I had gotten all three reports and my TransUnion fico score was 873. What's going on? I love Suzy's show but I'm wondering how ligit. suzy's site really is...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suzy gives different score than TransUnion - WHY?

Your Transunion FICO score is not 873.  Your Transunion FAKO may be 873, but FICO only goes to 850.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know Suze sold Vantage scores? 873 would be a Vantage score not a FICO score.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suze provides FICO... The scores the OP got the previous day must have been VANTAGE or PLUS.

Suze gave the right score.

Rob
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, now I'm confused. I went here
https://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/
and got the score. I paid something like $8 for it.

I will say though that when I first tried to get the score, I logged on, entered my info and paid. But then my browser crashed before I had a chance to print any of the report out. Could that be part of the problem?

When I logged back onto the site a few days later, I entered the same login info and got the 800+ score.

Maybe someone can explain what happened...without the acronyms? Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, now I'm confused. I went here
https://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/
and got the score. I paid something like $8 for it.

I will say though that when I first tried to get the score, I logged on, entered my info and paid. But then my browser crashed before I had a chance to print any of the report out. Could that be part of the problem?

When I logged back onto the site a few days later, I entered the same login info and got the 800+ score.

Maybe someone can explain what happened...without the acronyms? Smiley Wink

When you go directly to the Credit Reporting Agency (CRA) websites - Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion - and purchase a score, you will get a FICO score from Equifax, but you will get a non-FICO score (known as a FAKO) from Experian and TransUnion. If you go through annualcreditreport.com, the same thing will occur. The only way to get your Experian or TransUnion FICO scores is to purchase them through MyFico.

Non-FICO scores use a different formula than FICO scores. Most lenders only look at FICO scores.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so if I go back and get my Fico score for the other 2 from myFICO.com, will this affect my overall score -- since I've already gotten my FAKO from Experian and Equifax last week?

Thank you for your help
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CrazyCredit wrote:
Ok, so if I go back and get my Fico score for the other 2 from myFICO.com, will this affect my overall score -- since I've already gotten my FAKO from Experian and Equifax last week?

Thank you for your help

no. pulling your score will not hurt you at all.

Message 8 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Pulling your own CR and score will not adversley affect your score
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help everyone! I'll get the other 2 tonite Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.