Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Credit Cards

Applied for and received the Paypal 2% card backed by Synchrony. Must say it was a pretty smooth application process even though I had to call in for verification, etc. 

I applied this past Friday and the new acocunt has already shown up for at least one of the credit agencies, i.e., Experian. That seems pretty fast. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Credit Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for and received the Paypal 2% card backed by Synchrony. Must say it was a pretty smooth application process even though I had to call in for verification, etc. 

I applied this past Friday and the new acocunt has already shown up for at least one of the credit agencies, i.e., Experian. That seems pretty fast. Is this normal?

Congrats on the approval and yes, Synchrony does report very fast.  Enjoy your new card when it arrives.

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup, sometimes i think ones account is already at the bureau before you are half way done filling out your appSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yup, sometimes i think ones account is already at the bureau before you are half way done filling out your appSmiley Wink

I think you're right! That's the fastest reporting I've seen! So surprised.Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 7
pauper66
Valued Member

I have an Amazon card from Synchrony. Mine always reports on the 10th of the month. I haven't noticed any mid scycle reporting.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My walmart card was reported two days after i opened it (took advantage of a 25 dollar off offer and just applied on the spot), so statement cut on the third day I guess, shortest billing cycle ive ever seen.

My amazon prime opened the same day (really wanted the chase card, but the scores werent good enough so i went with the store card)  just cut its first statement last week, over a month and a half later.  Funny side story is the 3-4 minute talk I had with the chase rep on second recon call about my application habits was what decided me to get into the garden for six months.  The guy made it sound like he wanted to approve me so bad but simply could not due to the 20 odd inqs in the last 6 months, he did note it was awesome all but 3 of those inqs (including the chase card i was reconning) had led to actual approvals.  He sounds like he felt bad, but the advice was amazing and pretty detailed.  If nothing else, I will be going back to chase once my inqs fall off and I age a year.  But I wanted me some amazon so i settled for the sync store card at any rate.

My BP card I got last month says the first payment due nov 4th so i assume that will also be cut day +/- a couple days, though the account was reported within 24 hours, before i even got the email saying welcome to synchronyblahblah

So yeah, they report fast, especially when you have a balance.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pauper 66 and @the credit game. Thanks for the information! It's good to know. Yes, Sync is definitely consistent and fast.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.