Super Contributor

Re: T Mobile and Other Cell Phone Carriers

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

Is there a chart anywhere or does anyone know which score TMobile pulls for account approval? Also, what is the norm for approval scorewise or do they use a different method? I am currently on a family plan but need to get a new plan to add my son but I really don't want to do a hard pull if they are not going to approve me.

Thanks!

I just joined T-Mobile Dec. 2013.  They pulled TU (here in NYC).  At the time, my scores were somewhere in the low to mid-600's, in bad shape.

But I did have cell phones in my own name for about 6 or 7 years already.

Thats interesting, i was contemplating switching from Att to tmboile but dreading HP lol. I still need to crunch some numbers to see if its worth it and if service is actually decent where i live. I heard tmobile can be pretty sketchy service wise. 

T-Mobile will now let you borrow a phone for a week to try out there service, no strings attached.  I don't know the details, you can find out more on their site, but if you're thinking about it, it can't hurt to try!

From what i understand about the program you have to put down 650 or so for the cost of an iphone, That really isn't an problem for me probably more of an hassle. I will have to go down to the mall to check it out , there aren't anymore other tmobile store around anymore other than the mall lol. 

From T-Moble website:

T-Mobile Test Drive is free with no obligation to buy, but if the iPhone 5s comes back with a cracked screen, damaged screen display, water damage, active Find My iPhone feature, or can't be powered on we have to charge a $100 damage fee. If you don't return the device, we have to charge $699.99 plus applicable taxes.

A hold for $699.99 + taxes will be placed on your credit or debit card. The timing of releasing that hold will vary by credit card company. We won't charge your card unless you fail to return the device.

Got it? Good. Now go give our network a workout.

The iPhone 5s test device must be ordered online. It will be delivered by mail.

You must sign for it and be at least 18 years old to sign.

T-Mobile Test Drive is free for 7 days and starts when the device is signed for.

After 7 days you must return it in good condition to a T-Mobile retail store (not an authorized retailer) so it's important you know where your nearest retail store is.

but why does it have to be an iphone 5s :-( they should let us choose our phone, i would want to test drive lg g3 lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 31
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

Is there a chart anywhere or does anyone know which score TMobile pulls for account approval? Also, what is the norm for approval scorewise or do they use a different method? I am currently on a family plan but need to get a new plan to add my son but I really don't want to do a hard pull if they are not going to approve me.

Thanks!

I just joined T-Mobile Dec. 2013.  They pulled TU (here in NYC).  At the time, my scores were somewhere in the low to mid-600's, in bad shape.

Thats interesting, i was contemplating switching from Att to tmboile but dreading HP lol. I still need to crunch some numbers to see if its worth it and if service is actually decent where i live. I heard tmobile can be pretty sketchy service wise. 

T-Mobile will now let you borrow a phone for a week to try out there service, no strings attached.  I don't know the details, you can find out more on their site, but if you're thinking about it, it can't hurt to try!

From what i understand about the program you have to put down 650 or so for the cost of an iphone, That really isn't an problem for me probably more of an hassle. I will have to go down to the mall to check it out , there aren't anymore other tmobile store around anymore other than the mall lol. 

From T-Moble website:

T-Mobile Test Drive is free with no obligation to buy, but if the iPhone 5s comes back with a cracked screen, damaged screen display, water damage, active Find My iPhone feature, or can't be powered on we have to charge a $100 damage fee. If you don't return the device, we have to charge $699.99 plus applicable taxes.

A hold for $699.99 + taxes will be placed on your credit or debit card. The timing of releasing that hold will vary by credit card company. We won't charge your card unless you fail to return the device.

T-Mobile Test Drive is free for 7 days and starts when the device is signed for.

After 7 days you must return it in good condition to a T-Mobile retail store (not an authorized retailer) so it's important you know where your nearest retail store is.

but why does it have to be an iphone 5s :-( they should let us choose our phone, i would want to test drive lg g3 lol. 

hahaha, yeah

They prob have some partnership with Apple to be able do this.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 12 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

Thanks!

From T-Moble website:

hahaha, yeah

They prob have some partnership with Apple to be able do this.

the funny thing is they were the last of the big four carriers to actually get the iphone lol 

Message 13 of 31
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

T-Mobile pulled DW’s TU, which is ok for our family plan of two iPhones. You can get Simple Choice Family Plans with No Credit Check, but installment and trade-in options may be excluded. Their network isn’t solid in thinly populated states though; we quickly wore out each of our 10 MB domestic roaming while recently driving across most of the country and back.

Message 14 of 31
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Yeah...here in NYC, I am super happy with T-Mobile.  But whenever I leave, I start to get really spotty service.

90% of the time, I am here in the city, so it's okay.

But those times I leave, when I really need the service (driving, no wifi), it's super annoying and now has me looking at maybe giving AT&T a try.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 15 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Yeah...here in NYC, I am super happy with T-Mobile.  But whenever I leave, I start to get really spotty service.

But those times I leave, when I really need the service (driving, no wifi), it's super annoying and now has me looking at maybe giving AT&T a try.

in the city i think tmobile may actually be better because the coverage is pretty good for which ever carrier you get. I think most people in nyc are on att or verizon so their network gets bogged down an lot and slows down .Thats my personal feeling at least. I was looking at an really nice tmobile plan, but its prepaid so that may wipe out the credit check, but then i don't have subsidized phone. 

The plan i was looking at was something like 100 minutes , unlimted text and 5 gb of data. Thats enough for me but if their service isn't optimal then its an moot point lol. 

Message 16 of 31
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Pulled TU for me in California

Message 17 of 31
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I am in Miami and the service is pretty decent but I heard AT&T sometimes is horrible. I detest Sprint because of their billing system and how they like to sneak things on your bill and when you inquire they delete it. Hmmm, so how is the AT&T service. I do feel like sometimes when I am traveling and even some areas in Miami it gets spotty. I used to travel a lot. Decisions, decision, is one easier to get over the other?

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 18 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I am in Miami and the service is pretty decent but I heard AT&T sometimes is horrible. I detest Sprint because of their billing system and how they like to sneak things on your bill and when you inquire they delete it. Hmmm, so how is the AT&T service. I do feel like sometimes when I am traveling and even some areas in Miami it gets spotty. I used to travel a lot. Decisions, decision, is one easier to get over the other?

well when it comes to miami i am not sure since last time i was in florida there weren't any such things as cell phones lol. I can speak for northeast only, i have no issues with service in most of manhatten. I can even get service in the lower floors of grand central , but i think its because they have cell towers down there. Att for the most part has good service I feel. VZW may be an little bit better but they are more expensive, and have propreity phones that for the most part can't be used on any other carrier in the world. 

Message 19 of 31
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

They pulled Equifax for me last year. I live in NY. 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.