Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX LEIN REMOVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TAX LEIN REMOVAL

State Tax lein being removed on Tuesday. Its only being reported on EX but excited to have it removed and hope to see a point jump.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: TAX LEIN REMOVAL

Congratulations!   Smiley Happy 

Please let us know what kind of a score jump you get!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

State Tax lein being removed on Tuesday. Its only being reported on EX but excited to have it removed and hope to see a point jump.

If it's your only bad entry, you will see a HUGE score bump. If you have others, the bump will be much smaller.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's your only bad entry, you will see a HUGE score bump. If you have others, the bump will be much smaller.

I also do have a couple lates (30) on two cap1 cards from 15 months ago. Wish they were leaving also.

Message 4 of 15
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

When my wife and I both had a Fed Tax lien on our reports (the only negatives) our scores were in the low 700's. When they finally fell off we had a huge score increase to low 800's. So it was about a 100 point increase. 

At one point in my life my credit was so bad ( Tax Lien, repo, bunch of charge off's) people were reluctant to take my cash.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OnTheRebound wrote:

When my wife and I both had a Fed Tax lien on our reports (the only negatives) our scores were in the low 700's. When they finally fell off we had a huge score increase to low 800's. So it was about a 100 point increase. 

At one point in my life my credit was so bad ( Tax Lien, repo, bunch of charge off's) people were reluctant to take my cash.

I know what you mean. About 8 years ago I was under 400... YES under 400. I did not care. Well I have really changed my thoughts. I am hoping for atleast a 30 point increase. Its funny that experian is my highest score and thats the only one showing the tax lien.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

I know what you mean. About 8 years ago I was under 400... YES under 400. I did not care. Well I have really changed my thoughts. I am hoping for atleast a 30 point increase. Its funny that experian is my highest score and thats the only one showing the tax lien.

I guess its my middle score at the moment.

Message 7 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy

What state?    Did you get it withdrawn?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy

PA. it served its time and drops off in a couple days

Message 9 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy

PA. it served its time and drops off in a couple days

I see, thanks for the info.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.