Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC Credit w/scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC Credit w/scores?

I am checking my update this morning and want to know if it's "normal" that scores do not go up utilizing TC - I've made the normal payments, haven't been able to pay further util. yet, had no success in getting the one "double reporting" of an account removed EQ is my bugger along with EX...does anyone else have this issue of scores not budging?

I figure within the next month or so I should be able to have my util down to 50% - I know, I have a ways to go, just being very careful about everything - only have 2 cards and scores won't move past 558 except TU, they have me at 629...I closed (3) CC accounts because I didn't want to pay fees just to have the cards, would rather have (2) cards....working to get rid of CAP 1 because of their reporting (not reporting CL).

Appreciate any words of advice or just to know I'm on the right track.

Thanks to all on this board - it is fabulous!  And I am one of those FICO trying to get higher scores to buy a house!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TC Credit w/scores?

You understand that TU scores are fake, not real FICOs.  TC will update when it wants, could be once a week, could be once every 2 months. 
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - yes, I knew they were fake, just irritating to see them sitting there anyway not moving!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TC score change usaly reflects change on Fico as well.

Check if there is some wromg info there.
My scores didn't go up until I realise 30 days late 2 years old reporting as current late.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - I'll check now - I've been on it for a month, which I didn't think a month had gone by alreadySmiley Sad
Message 5 of 11
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

TU is horrible at updating information but thier FICO score is usually my highest score, now if only the **bleep** CCC would use that score instead of the Vantage score which is 55 points lower Id be happy.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is always highest for me too - don't get it - want to find CCs that use that report!  My scores just don't seem to budge on True Credit...but then again it's only July 3
Message 7 of 11
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

beach123 wrote:
TU is always highest for me too - don't get it - want to find CCs that use that report!  My scores just don't seem to budge on True Credit...but then again it's only July 3

LOL.. forgive me, but I have to ask.

Are you choosing to update your score or expecting it to update on its own simply by signing on?

Hehe.. sorry, but someone PM'd me not long ago with the same situation and that was the problem.
Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was choosing to update mine when I'd check...I noticed today that of all things EQ went up 5 points as did TU, which shocked me; but I hope these FAKO scores are "lower" than FICOSmiley Sad

This was the first time I hit the first of the month on this program so maybe I don't need to check scores every day?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ther is no rule wich score is lower or higher.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.