Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC Question

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

TC Question

OK, I just joined TC yesterday (Oct 22), because of the fraud problem of my Cap 1 CC.  I just tried to get my new report today and here is the message I got.

Credit Bureau(s) Not Responding
We are unable to obtain your credit report information.

Explanation:
"Credit bureau not responding" indicates that a credit bureau's system may be down temporarily. These system outages usually happen at night and last up to 4 hours. If you're experiencing this error during the day, the outage will probably not last for more than an hour.

Is this the message you get when you are locked out for repeated pulls of your credit report?  Seems strange if it is, since it is my 2nd CR!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: TC Question

John, no freaking out at 1am allowed!  Smiley Tongue 

I don't have TC but I think it's safe to say that you weren't locked out.  Considering you got your report yesterday, I don't think it's due to the FA situation either.  Did you check to see if it pulled anyway?  If it did not, just try again later.

I joined privacymatters.com and they are frequently having problems but I'm overall happy with them.  Got a message similar to yours 2 days ago yet it still did pull the new one on that request.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

SmartCookie,

So you like privacymatters?  I need to look at their info.  Any negatives about them?

Message 3 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

John060675 wrote:
SmartCookie,

So you like privacymatters?  I need to look at their info.  Any negatives about them?

I honestly like 'em but I have only had it for hrm... 4 days?  Have not tried TC and am not opposed to it either.  I joined privacy when I read the thread about the first week free then when you cancel over the phone they give you a year for under $30 bucks.  Concerned though as I have heard some chatter that you don't get unlimited pulls with that deal... but no one has mentioned it here so I think it's false info.

I like that I can pull every 24 hrs and that even though the site has frequent problems, they so far are very very brief.  Site is slow to process info and has a poopload of advertising which is annoying... but no pop ups.  I have not yet (nor has DH) gotten so much as 1 alert and much has happened on our CBRs over the past week... not good.  It's not user friendly for changing account information such as credit card info. There is a double sign on process which is a bit more secure... I like that.

Easy enough to dispute all but EQ online with the reports.  EQ's reseller online dispute form is archaic.  Report updates seem to be more than a few days delayed IMHO but who knows if that is privacymatters or not.  FAKOs update rapidly even with no apparent line by line comparisons within different CBRs.  Oh.... final negative is that it does not archive the daily pulls.  If you want to retain, you must print.

But cheap and easy enough!  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I will check them out.  A free week is a free week.  And then I can decide!

Message 5 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

John060675 wrote:
Thanks, I will check them out.  A free week is a free week.  And then I can decide!

Exactly what I thought for myself too!  They are sister company with TU though and therefor related to TC... so I don't know if there are any conflicts with pulls.  Guess you get to beta test since I know you need a fix tonite.  Smiley Tongue

Oh another thing about privacymatters.com.  I have no idea what the service costs!  It's horribly elusive about that unless I am missing something.  They charge your cc a buck when they verify your ID.  I did not see any charge so far on mine... but they say it's refundable.  In short.. their billing is confusing and messy.
Message 6 of 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

Oh, well that is not encouraging!  I am having trouble enough with another CC with charges that are not mine.  I do not want to see a confusing charge on it.

I think I will do a little more research.  Hmmmm..........

Message 7 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

It's highly annoying but not unscrupulous to my knowledge.  We must confer with ilovepizza... who has had the product for over a week or so and would know about the refundable $1 charge plus any issue on the annual fee.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.