Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMobile approval, no deposit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TMobile approval, no deposit.

Just wanted to let everyone know, if you are looking to get approved for a cellular service with no deposit required, I applied with TMobile and was approved for one phone with no deposit or up front payment required.  I believe they pulled my EX cr which is currently 615.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: TMobile approval, no deposit.

I heard that some INS companies and Cellular's co where pulling CR, but I didn't think that they were serious.

Man, those people are evil.

Cory
Message 2 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Cory wrote:
I heard that some INS companies and Cellular's co where pulling CR, but I didn't think that they were serious.

Cory

Time for my Cingular rant.  They did a hard pull to give me a phone.  I then later added a line, and despite the fact I was a pre-existing customer they did another hard pull

Most Car insurers check your Score, and I think some home insurers do as well
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think almost all cellular companies pull either a CR or credit score to determine whether or not you would be required to pay a depost.  I have previously worked for two big cellular companies and both of them always checked credit. 

Here were my deposits when I applied for cellular service:

Cingular: $500 deposit
Alltel: $1000 deposit!!!  (I don't even KNOW where they got that from.  I went into a third party store and a rep ran my credit.  I wonder if she screwed something up.)
Sprint Nextel: $150 deposit
US Cellular: $100 deposit
TMobile: no deposit
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankfully Progressive Insurance only did a soft pull on me.

Cory wrote:

Cory

Message 5 of 23
Cory
Established Contributor

I wonder some times about us consumers, what are our rights? I do understand that there are a few bad apples out there. You try so hard to perfect your scores and these people come along and tamper with it.

Pulling credit affects your scores if all the companies do it. I believe there will come a day when inquiries shouldn't hurt your score anymore.

Cory
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have never known a cellular carrier to not run a credit check, unless the consumer was buying one of them thar' prepaid phones for 39 cents/minute.

in my experience, the credit standard for most carriers is quite lax.  my first cell phone was in '95 from us cellular...i was in college, had no credit history other than a $500 citibank cc that i was terrified to even use (and didnt), and was even more terrified of us cellular running a credit check on me.  according to the sales rep, my credit came back A+ credit, no deposit.  this was back in the day when cell phones first came to my area, and 129.99 a month bought you about 400 minutes.

thinking i was now a big shot because i had an A+ credit rating (and a fancy cell phone), i started collecting credit cards, knocked a chick up, got married, ran up all of the credit cards and then some, got divorced, and walked out with F- credit.  how was that relevant to the post?  no clue.  sorry.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are looking into a prepaid plan because you don't want to pay the deposits or get locked into a contract, Alltel has a reasonable prepaid program.  Imo, it is better than Cingular's Go phone prepaid service. 
Message 8 of 23
Cory
Established Contributor

dog wrote:
i have never known a cellular carrier to not run a credit check, unless the consumer was buying one of them thar' prepaid phones for 39 cents/minute.

in my experience, the credit standard for most carriers is quite lax.  my first cell phone was in '95 from us cellular...i was in college, had no credit history other than a $500 citibank cc that i was terrified to even use (and didnt), and was even more terrified of us cellular running a credit check on me.  according to the sales rep, my credit came back A+ credit, no deposit.  this was back in the day when cell phones first came to my area, and 129.99 a month bought you about 400 minutes.

thinking i was now a big shot because i had an A+ credit rating (and a fancy cell phone), i started collecting credit cards, knocked a chick up, got married, ran up all of the credit cards and then some, got divorced, and walked out with F- credit.  how was that relevant to the post?  no clue.  sorry.

Lol, it's okay we are here for you. You needed to vent out your frustration.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will get up off of the funny little couch now and move back to the present.  haha.  thanks, cory. 
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.