Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANS UNION IS THE DEVIL & Don't dispute it either

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: TRANS UNION IS THE DEVIL & Don't dispute it either

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I applied for a refinance and my lender contacted me told me that I am conditionally approved except for one thing, and that is I show "customer disputes this account" under comments on my CR's.  These accounts were paid and closed long ago.  The underwriter tells my lender that I need to have these "comments" removed from my CR's before I can get full approval.  Did you succeed in getting yours removed?  And if you did, how, specifically, did you accomplish that?  With a phone call?  Or did you have to send letters to the CRA's?  Or some other method like contacting the creditor?

This is an old thread, but see this thread with some useful tips re removing dispute comments. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-Mortgage/td-p/869326

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.