Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIDENt

tag
scrubs
Regular Contributor

TRIDENt

i got an negitive hit on my cr today from columbia house/TRIDENT never got any letter or nothing about this debt of 97.00 dollars back they said in 2008. please tell me how to fix this and get this off my cr.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TRIDENt

Did you ever buy anything from them in the past?   I have no personal experience with Columbia but have seen alot of others that say they have collections and no recall of an account.  Do a search for them on the boards and see what others have to say also.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
sobreezy
Contributor

i am in the same boat.  this company is relentless too they don't reply to anything messages, mail, etc.  I'm going to get their number and just call them, maybe it'll work.

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have no recollection of having an account with them, you can make the statement that it is not an account ever authorized by you.  That is not a knowingly false statement, and thus carries no penalty for its assertion.  You can thus file a police report, stating that its presence in your CR would necessarily have resulted from use of your identity without your knowledge or consent.  That police report opens up doors for you under the FCRA.  Such a report, under the provisions of FCRA 603(q), is called an "identity theft report."

Armed with an identity theft report, you can use that under several sections of the FCRA, such as section 605A  to block inclusion in your CR, and as documentation for a dispute under section 623(a)(8) sent to the credtior of your assertion of "account not mine."  The new direct dispute process, for example, specifically identifies an identity theft report as supporting documentation for a dispute of credit reporting. That makes it more than a bald assertion, but rather an assertion attested to by way of statement to a law enforcement agency. See 16 CFR 660.4(d)(3), which is part of the implementing regulations governing the direct dispute process.

File a police report, and dispute as "account not mine," including that as documentary support.  That will at least prevent your dispute from being held "frivolous or irrelevant" for failure to provide supporting documentation. Then they will be required to investigate, and report their results back to you within approx. 30- days.

.... by the way, what was the "negative hit" they reported?  A 30-day late?  That might stand as separate grounds for a dispute on the grounds that they never sent you a billing statement with a due date upon which to base any holding of delinquency in payment.  That would require their production of a billing statement to support any results of investigation of your dispute asserting that you were billed, and delinquent on that statement.  Another course to consider....

Message 4 of 5
sobreezy
Contributor

On my CR it is reporting as seriously past due/turned over to internal CA, etc.  it shows an open date of 3/2010 and a term limit of 1 month.  The jacked up thing is that I was deployed  all of last year and I never opened an acct with Columbia House - who has sold this debt to Trident.  I think I will file a police report because this is seriously damaging my credit thanks RobertEG for the info.

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.