Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO CLEAN UP SOME BADDIES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TRYING TO CLEAN UP SOME BADDIES

In trying to clean up a few things on my credit report before I go apply for a car loan in the next couple months, there are only 2 that I probably have the most chance to do anything about right now. One is a charge off on a credit card that went to a collection agency. One report has it listed as "bad debt/collection" the other two say "Paid off/collection" (or something like that).  My question is, what are the chances I could have these things removed or changed so that it says just "Paid off" so it doesn't look negative? Oh, I also have one 30 day late payment on a car loan that was paid off, any chance I could get them to change that more positive? I know that they have to report it as it happened I guess, but I also noticed that there is a box that is "clear" that means "unknown" with respect to payments, can't they make it "unknown? (ok, I'm probably reaching here - stop laughing). The other 2 that are negatives are being paid in a debt management program so there's nothing I can do to make those positive right now, will just take making regular payments on them. The final is a bankruptcy which won't come off till 2009. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.