Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Accidentally Deleted an Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Accidentally Deleted an Account

While cleaning up some incorrect personal information in my TU report regarding past addresses and such, I also noticed that one of my cards was reporting an incorrect balance. I should have let sleeping dogs like (it was only a $99 difference), but, I figured while I was cleaning up, I should have TU clean that up to.

Today via snail mail I received the correction later from TU. Except instead of correcting the balance on the account, they just deleted it entirely!!!

This is account goes back 3 years, so I'm not so eager to lose it.

Will it 'reappear' automatically during the next billing cycle?

Or do I need to contact them and get them to fix something?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Accidentally Deleted an Account

is it still open? if so using and triggering it to report should make it report. if not, then your likely out of luck. one of the reason you should be very sure about what and why you are disputing.
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
While cleaning up some incorrect personal information in my TU report regarding past addresses and such, I also noticed that one of my cards was reporting an incorrect balance. I should have let sleeping dogs like (it was only a $99 difference), but, I figured while I was cleaning up, I should have TU clean that up to.

Today via snail mail I received the correction later from TU. Except instead of correcting the balance on the account, they just deleted it entirely!!!

This is account goes back 3 years, so I'm not so eager to lose it.

Will it 'reappear' automatically during the next billing cycle?

Or do I need to contact them and get them to fix something?

One of the occupational hazards of disputing balances. Make sure that your CCC knows what is going on.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnm45227 wrote:
is it still open? if so using and triggering it to report should make it report. if not, then your likely out of luck. one of the reason you should be very sure about what and why you are disputing.

Yes, it's still open.

Time to pull it out of the sock drawer, it seems.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.