Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

TU - Cool -

I disputed an old chargeoff that is due to drop off in a year-and-a-half. The investigation for now leaves it on my cr. However, the derogatory account condition has been removed to just say paid/chargeoff. Before it said derogatory-paid chargeoff- sold/transferred to another lender. An alert from TU stated that there was an account improvement. I believe this is a good thing.

My question is will I receive a score jump for this condition change. How much do you think. I did not see my TU FAKO move but it is 50 points lower than my FICO.

Please chime in. Thanks
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

Re: TU - Cool -

Bump
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: TU - Cool -

cfstr1 wrote:
I disputed an old chargeoff that is due to drop off in a year-and-a-half. The investigation for now leaves it on my cr. However, the derogatory account condition has been removed to just say paid/chargeoff. Before it said derogatory-paid chargeoff- sold/transferred to another lender. An alert from TU stated that there was an account improvement. I believe this is a good thing.

I think the alert might be a "false positive". If it was a paid chargeoff before, and it's a paid chargeoff now, I don't see any improvement.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+