Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Credit Score Higher Than I Thought??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Credit Score Higher Than I Thought??

I applied for a Kohls charge last weekend (after getting approved for a QS1@$500) and got denied - fine. I receive the letter today and it shows my TU score is 636?? How can that be?? I have had CCT for about a month now and NONE of my scores are in the 600 range. Are they??

Maybe I try another scoring model? Has anyone ever heard of this? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Credit Score Higher Than I Thought??

There are also FICO scores for credit card decisions. There are 7 different FICO credit card scores. Experian has 3, and TU & EQ have 2 a piece. Could be anyone of them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There are also FICO scores for credit card decisions. There are 7 different FICO credit card scores. Experian has 3, and TU & EQ have 2 a piece. Could be anyone of them.

I thought it was interesting to read in the letter "scores range from 501 to 990". After looking up credit scoring models, I see these are VantageScores.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That explains it

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had CCT for about a month now and NONE of my scores are in the 600 range.

As indicated above, CCT provides FICO 8's.  It is not the only FICO model used by creditors.  As you found, Kohl's does seem to use VantageScores.  Always consider the scoring model and not just the CRA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.