cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Deleted Medical Collection, How to proceed W/ other Bureaus??

tag
FiveOhFour
Contributor

TU Deleted Medical Collection, How to proceed W/ other Bureaus??

I had two collection Blemished on my record for 300 and 500$ with all the agencies from 2009. It was removed by Transunion around the 28 day mark i guess after showing that it needed manual review. My question is does this mean that Experian and Equifax MUST remove it, or are likely to or what? Do i need to begin investigations through both of them, and if so do i use the original grounds that i filed with TransUnion or do i use the fact that Transunion Ruled in my favor as the reason i am seeking removal, or both? Ive seen some conflcting answers unfortunately, one of which said the other agencies Must remove it now but i have no clue what is correct. 

This is my first post, i hope to get lots of help and become an assett to the site so that i may eventually help others by spreading the knowledge i have and will gain. Smiley Happy 

Thank you all for your time! 

PERFECT CREDIT SCORE FINALLY
2020: FICO Score 9 850/850 (Equifax) (I still only have ~4 cards)
2018 FICO: EQ: 820 TU: 807 EX: 806
First Credit Card in 2016 (2 secured cards)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Deleted Medical Collection, How to proceed W/ other Bureaus??

Welcome to the forums!

The bureaus don't share information at all; possible exception on a fraud alert but I'm not even certain then.  The datasets are completely seperate by design for bunch of reasons not the least of which is that they compete with each other.

You have to do the legwork on this one unfortunately by contacting the other two as I understand it.  Definitely going to need the original grounds, might be able to include the TU finding of the report and it might help but I don't know on that one.

        
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FiveOhFour wrote:

I had two collection Blemished on my record for 300 and 500$ with all the agencies from 2009. It was removed by Transunion around the 28 day mark i guess after showing that it needed manual review. My question is does this mean that Experian and Equifax MUST remove it, or are likely to or what? Do i need to begin investigations through both of them, and if so do i use the original grounds that i filed with TransUnion or do i use the fact that Transunion Ruled in my favor as the reason i am seeking removal, or both? Ive seen some conflcting answers unfortunately, one of which said the other agencies Must remove it now but i have no clue what is correct. 

This is my first post, i hope to get lots of help and become an assett to the side so that i may eventually help others by spreading the knowledge i have and will gain. Smiley Happy 

Thank you all for your time! 

Welcome to the forum.  Yes, you must iniate disputes/investigations to each CRAs; they are independent of each other and do not communicate with each other. 

Inorder to file a dispute, it must be valid. 

For or more information, you may post in our Rebuilding Forum. 

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, if the furnisher was unable to verify, you dont have to file a separate dispute with each CRA.

The FCRA has provision for avoiding multiple disputes on the same basis if the furnisher of the information has determined that the information either cannot be verified or if they correct to overcome an inaccuracy.

When disputing via a CRA, the furnisher of the disputed information is required to conduct a reasonable investigation, and report the findings of their investigation back to the CRA prior to the conclusion of the CRA reinvestigation period.

If their investigation finds either that the information cannot be verified, or that correction is required to overcome the inaccuracy, it is not sufficient for them to report that result to only the CRA handling the dispute.  They must additionally report that finding to all other CRAs to which they have also reported the disputed information.  FCRA 623(b)(1)(D).

Thus, the FCRA does not require the CRAs to share reporting, it requires the furnisher to report to all CRAs if an update or deletion is compelled by a dispute with one CRA.

You can contact the furnisher and remind them of their responsbility under section 623(b)(1)(D) to report deletion to the other CRAs.

Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@RobertEG wrote:

No, if the furnisher was unable to verify, you dont have to file a separate dispute with each CRA.

The FCRA has provision for avoiding multiple disputes on the same basis if the furnisher of the information has determined that the information either cannot be verified or if they correct to overcome an inaccuracy.

When disputing via a CRA, the furnisher of the disputed information is required to conduct a reasonable investigation, and report the findings of their investigation back to the CRA prior to the conclusion of the CRA reinvestigation period.

If their investigation finds either that the information cannot be verified, or that correction is required to overcome the inaccuracy, it is not sufficient for them to report that result to only the CRA handling the dispute.  They must additionally report that finding to all other CRAs to which they have also reported the disputed information.  FCRA 623(b)(1)(D).

Thus, the FCRA does not require the CRAs to share reporting, it requires the furnisher to report to all CRAs if an update or deletion is compelled by a dispute with one CRA.

You can contact the furnisher and remind them of their responsbility under section 623(b)(1)(D) to report deletion to the other CRAs.

@RobertEG wrote:

I did not read where the reason for deletion was unable to verify

Message 5 of 9
FiveOhFour
Contributor

Thanks Everyone, i appreciate the input. This echoes what i saw in another thread i think, i wish i hadn't lost the link.

Robert, I think youre reply is the one standing out in my head. Thank you! Is it safe to assume that if it took exactly about 30 days then the Collector was unable to verify....i mean it sounds like its either that or that a correction was required to overcome an inccaracy, assuming there arent any other reasons to pull it? I disputed it under "multiple innacuracies verify all info", and in the notes explained that it was not my debt, i paid my copay and the insurance paid the doctor and imaging company at the negotiated rates, anything beyond that is not my issue and not my burden, i assume thats why it was pulled they cant prove i ever agreed to pay it because i didnt. 

Anyway the point i am asking i guess is is there any way to verify the reason it was pulled? Or is it your view that we esentially know the reason, and its safe to call the creditor and remind them of their legal duties here. Is there a particular department i should ask for or a manager or something or will just anyone be fine? Any tips on how the conversation should go, assuming i can control it to a degree? If i get nowhere, should i get "stubborn" about it? Should i expect a commitment from them if they agree or ask for anything in writing? I apologize, i just like to know how everything SHOULD go so that i can do whatever in my   power i can to help it become reality. Thank you so much for your time and help. I truly appreciate it. Amazing to think this all couldve been fixed years ago, ive been being harassed since 3 weeks after i turned 18 for medical bills incurred years before. Anyway, once again, thank you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
FiveOhFour
Contributor

Thank you for your replies Smiley Happy I did not explicity state they were pulled for that reason as i am not able to speak to that with certainty, i have just inquired with him as to how he came to that conclusion exactly and if its fair for me to follow his logic and also assume its due to inability to verify or if there is some other possibility that would still have resulted in it being pulled. 

Message 7 of 9
FiveOhFour
Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If you dont mind me asking, is your advice the same given my previous comments? To summarize, although what you said is what i assume is the case, i dont know for a fact that they removed it becaue of inability to verify, although i cant imagine why else? Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 9
FiveOhFour
Contributor

Last question.....should i just go ahead and dispute them for now anyway, even if the creditor is required to retract it, or will that prevent them from being able to do so or something?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.