Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU added old inquiry

tag
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

TU added old inquiry

Just noticed that TU has added two new inquiry on my report. These inquiries are from August 2013 when I bought a car. It gives the inquiry date as Aug 11, 2013. My understanding of inquiries are that they disappear after two years. Any thoughts on this late addition of inquiries to the report and if they will disappear after two hears from the inquiry date.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU added old inquiry

They should disappear after two years. Give it a month, and if they haven't gone away, file an error report.
Message 2 of 13
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised as why it took almost two years for these two inquiries to show up on my report

Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

they will be gone in a few days, so no need to worry about it.. R* just happened to some yesterday or today I have heard.  You can research that on other forums as probably is adviseable to be discussed here, although most likely you did nothing wrong as it is a problem with the TU system itself and many things can cause inquiries to go poof, but they reinserted it last night/today from what I heard for some people..

Message 4 of 13
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Yes, mine showed up yesterday......

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My inquiries constantly disappear and then re-appear and then disappear all over again on TransUnion. I don't complain though, because sometimes they disappear (when they shouldn't) and don't come back - that's a good thing Smiley Wink Don't sweat it, it'll be gone by the end of the month for sure.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My inquiries constantly disappear and then re-appear and then disappear all over again on TransUnion. I don't complain though, because sometimes they disappear (when they shouldn't) and don't come back - that's a good thing Smiley Wink Don't sweat it, it'll be gone by the end of the month for sure.

Agreed.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

they will be done in a few days, so no need to worry about it.. R* just happened to some yesterday or today I have heard.  You can research that on other forums as probably is adviseable to be discussed here, although most likely you did nothing wrong as it is a problem with the TU system itself and many things can cause inquiries to go poof, but they reinserted it last night/today from what I heard for some people..

It happened in February for many as well.

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

they will be done in a few days, so no need to worry about it.. R* just happened to some yesterday or today I have heard.  You can research that on other forums as probably is adviseable to be discussed here, although most likely you did nothing wrong as it is a problem with the TU system itself and many things can cause inquiries to go poof, but they reinserted it last night/today from what I heard for some people..

Yep and december Smiley Happy...  They bandaid their system vs. fully fixing it so it will continue to be an issue until they move to a never DB to handle it as it appears to be a problem with an old legacy system being so many characters it can handle etc.. Will end this thread with just that and exit stage left .

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yep and december Smiley Happy...  They bandaid their system vs. fully fixing it so it will continue to be an issue until they move to a never DB to handle it as it appears to be a problem with an old legacy system being so many characters it can handle etc.. Will end this thread with just that and exit stage left .

Please do :-)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.