Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU hater??

tag
baygirl
Valued Member

TU hater??

at the risk of sounding like a TU hater (i was recently ranting about their "aggragate" balance posting too)....

I have been working hard to get my FICO to 760; I am not looking to buy anything...just want to see it in print.   This month, PIF everything except one card; wanting to report 1-9% UTI just to see what happened.   So, everything is paid off except 256.00.   Experian shot up 15 pts Smiley Happy Equifax shot up 16 pts Smiley Happy and (stupid) TU reported a "major change in the total balance of $256" with NO SCORE CHANGE.  Really?  I am sweating bullets over here.

....not one single point......Smiley Mad

Starting Score: 571 June 2013
Current Score: Equifax 747 | TU 754 | Experian 766 | AAoA 25 years | updated March 16, 2015
Goal Score: 760 | Gardening since July 2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU hater??

@baygirl wrote:

at the risk of sounding like a TU hater (i was recently ranting about their "aggragate" balance posting too)....

I have been working hard to get my FICO to 760; I am not looking to buy anything...just want to see it in print.   This month, PIF everything except one card; wanting to report 1-9% UTI just to see what happened.   So, everything is paid off except 256.00.   Experian shot up 15 pts Smiley Happy Equifax shot up 16 pts Smiley Happy and (stupid) TU reported a "major change in the total balance of $256" with NO SCORE CHANGE.  Really?  I am sweating bullets over here.

....not one single point......Smiley Mad

I would look at whats on your TU opposed to the others for an explanation as the scores are generated by what is in the report when a score is requested.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: TU hater??

@baygirl wrote:

TU doesn't generate your FICO score.  Your score, however, is based on the data in the report so, as stated above, I'd suggest carefully comparing your reports to see if there's a data difference that would explain this.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.