Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU reporting incorrect balance

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

TU reporting incorrect balance

Hello All

I have recently paid off all my credit cards and have watched my scores skyrocket after crashing when I became 30 day late on a few. Today when my last card to report a paid off balance my Amex reported I got alerts from all the CRAs with updated balances and scores. EX and EQ are reporting a 0 balance. TU is reporting a balance of 149.00. Not sure where this is coming from as I double checked my account today and I actually have a negative balance as I overpaid by accident. Is this something that I can actually dispute? Would I even want to as my  Util on that card wouldnt really be effected as I have a 5300 limit. I  want all my accounts to reflect 0 except my DC which is my daily driver using the AZEO method. Any help with my question would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU reporting wrong balance on my AMEX

It's not worth disputing imo.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU reporting incorrect balance

All 3 bureaus update on different days. Are you sure TU updated? Does it say the date it was updated? And also, what was the previous balance before that was paid?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU reporting incorrect balance

Agreed.  Does your TU account state that it was updated recently, or is it still last month's reporting date as "last reported?"

If it hasn't updated yet, just sit tight a little longer.

If it has updated already, I'd contact Amex and ask for a re-reporting.  They'll probably point the finger (and perhaps rightfully so) at TU, but they're usually pretty good about doing a reporting if you request it. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I replied to this question in another thread you have going.

If TU hasn't updated their reporting yet, you can only wait for them to do so.

If they have updated it, you can contact Amex and ask them to re-report for the cycle.

Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @belle6m2k, I've merged your two nearly identical threads into one.

Please refrain from cross-posting in the future; it's confusing to follow and is against our guidelines here.

--UncleB

myFICO Moderator

Message 6 of 8
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Sorry wasn't quite sure which board it fit.
Message 7 of 8
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to add a DP, I have an account that was paid down from max util to 80-something in February. For some reason TransUnion did not get March's update from my creditor (even though Equifax and Experian updated correctly, and a second account from the same creditor updated properly). I did start a balance dispute on this one as the creditor confirmed they reported as they always did, and used the other two CRAs as evidence. It's worth it to have daily or weekly pulls from souces like CK or WH to see the last updated date on accounts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.