Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU score went down 142 pts ????? No changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU score went down 142 pts ????? No changes

Hi, im in the process of rebuilding credit. Today i logged to Ck and saw my TU score drop 142 pts. From 553 to 411??
Equifax went up 1 point from 630 to 631.
No derogatory, no late payments, balance of my secured card went down from 8$ to 0$. Nothing else changed... what happened here?? Whats going on with CK?

By the way... Discovery FICO score showed a score went up from 536 to 569.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU score went down 142 pts ????? No changes

Credit Karma is not a reliable source for credit scores.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is one of many tools in your arsenal. Maybe compare to other VS3.0 TU sites like quizzle, credit sesame, or wallet hub?

One great tool on CK is they keep your reports so you can compare line by line what exactly may be different since last time. Maybe a really old account fell off? Maybe they updated payment history on an account that wasn't itemized before? Or it could just be a fluke and be back to normal next week.

It's a good sign that Discover is showing your FICO went up, I've had CK fluke before, it's no big deal. Their scores aren't generally useful except for your own gauging.

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do you have a collections or a charge-off that was recently updated as remaining delinquent?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on those scores, I would say there must be some sort of negative information on your accounts.  You even said yourself it's a "rebuild" which suggests you're coming from worse times credit wise.  As others have said, CK isn't great for scores... but even if your CK score is dropping 142 points it's because of something negative being present with the lower score that wasn't present with the higher score.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well..

This was the only change i found in CK...

Here s the picture..

https://ibb.co/bPHnoF

Very strange.... and all of my collections are paid (closed).
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only change in CK is

Balance decreased from 8$ to 0$
Of my secured card.

Credit limit: 200$
Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The only change listed in CK's interface; like every other monitoring solution they don't catch everything.

You'll need to manually compare the reports, most likely something in one of the negative items updated... but realistically VS 3.0 isn't really used in the credit market these days so I wouldn't worry terribly much about it.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.