Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU unable to confirm my identity!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU unable to confirm my identity!

case 1. request annual free credit report, give error:

We are unable to confirm your identity with the information provided. Please try phone or mail.

case 2. lending club (pull TU)

After carefully reviewing your application, we are sorry to advise you that we cannot approve your loan request at this time, for the following reasons: Unable to verify identity

Your credit score:702 (they can even get the credit score!)

I'm sure every information I enter is correct. I won't type wrong my name and DOB and I copy the address/zipcode from TU credit report (get from somewhere else) to the application. The only information I need to enter are: name, dob, address, zipcode, ssn.

Any advise?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU unable to confirm my identity!

You need to call them to see what the problem is.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

do u know what the number is? I tried to call but no option to talk with a real person

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be a number provided with the paperwork that you got. It should have a file number on it and that should help you get to a point where you can speak to a human. Good luck though, I called TU last month and got some foreign call center. Made a dispute and I sincerely don't even know if they are investigating because the guy didn't understand WHY I was trying to dispute (one loan, not in default/collections) being reported twice by TU only.

Message 4 of 6
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Call TU.  Go to their website and get their phone number.  The may have a digit wrong with your address or something.  They will probably ask you to fax them a copy of your driver's license and a utility bill that has your address on it.  Once they have it, they will correct it and you will be good to go.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 5 of 6
stone
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

case 1. request annual free credit report, give error:

We are unable to confirm your identity with the information provided. Please try phone or mail.

case 2. lending club (pull TU)

After carefully reviewing your application, we are sorry to advise you that we cannot approve your loan request at this time, for the following reasons: Unable to verify identity

Your credit score:702 (they can even get the credit score!)

I'm sure every information I enter is correct. I won't type wrong my name and DOB and I copy the address/zipcode from TU credit report (get from somewhere else) to the application. The only information I need to enter are: name, dob, address, zipcode, ssn.

Any advise?

same thing happened to me. the same info works for ex and eq, but not tu
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.