Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO judgements deleted!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TWO judgements deleted!!

I have True Credit, and even though I've read that if you check your credit report daily with them, they might close your account, I just HAD to check to see if my goodwill letters had any effect.  I sent out five of them.    Well, I'm so glad I checked.  Experian removed two judgments that were on my credit report!

There was a company that filed two judgements (in 2004)  for one account I owed to them.  I was mad, but I should have answered their court complaints when they sent them to me.  But anyway, I saw the two judgements (for the same amount, filed about three months apart).   The original account was included in my bankruptcy in 2005, but I still read that the judgements had to stay on the credit report.

So I mailed out a goodwill letter last Tuesday to all three credit reporting agencies.  And this morning the Experian listings for the judgements were GONE!     I am so happy this morning!

Thanks to everyone here who helped me with this.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TWO judgements deleted!!

belverbears wrote:
I have True Credit, and even though I've read that if you check your credit report daily with them, they might close your account, I just HAD to check to see if my goodwill letters had any effect.  I sent out five of them.    Well, I'm so glad I checked.  Experian removed two judgments that were on my credit report!

There was a company that filed two judgements (in 2004)  for one account I owed to them.  I was mad, but I should have answered their court complaints when they sent them to me.  But anyway, I saw the two judgements (for the same amount, filed about three months apart).   The original account was included in my bankruptcy in 2005, but I still read that the judgements had to stay on the credit report.

So I mailed out a goodwill letter last Tuesday to all three credit reporting agencies.  And this morning the Experian listings for the judgements were GONE!     I am so happy this morning!

Thanks to everyone here who helped me with this.

I just can't get over it.  It's working for everyone but me. 
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!! Did you use the standard GW format from this site? I have a judgement that I want removed and was told to send it to the attorney that filed the judgement.... not the CRA. Whats your advice?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I looked over one of the letters here and tailored it for what my situation was.  Here's what I wote:

"Equifax
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
SS#: xxx-xx-xxxx
Civil  Judgment Account #: XXXXXXXX
Case #: XXXXXXXX
Company’s Name: Name of Creditor
Amount: Amount Of Judgement Listed On Credit Report

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to see if you will make a goodwill adjustment in your reporting to my Equifax credit report.  Due to some hardships in my life (medical and financial) I was unable to meet my responsibilities to my creditors.  Over time, this negatively impacted my credit report.   Ultimately, I had to file bankruptcy, in (year of bankruptcy)  My bankruptcy was discharged in (date). .  I am enclosing for your review, a copy the discharge papers from my bankruptcy, , along with the page from my bankruptcy papers which shows that the creditor/debt for  “____________________” was listed and discharged in my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

. This company also erroneously seized my bank account and due to my bankruptcy filing, had to return the funds to me. . 

I am now in a better place in my life and am now paying my debts, as agreed and being as responsible as I can be.

I am requesting that the judgment listed for this creditor, detailed above, be deleted from my credit report, in my effort to change my financial life for the better.   Since the debt(s) are included in my bankruptcy, they are basically uncollectible, and to have them deleted from my credit report would really be a great blessing to me.

I have been an extremely happy customer with Equifax in the past and hope to continue my relationship with you.   I know how important it is to keep a good relationship with your customers and in the past Equifax has gone out of it’s way to deal with me in a fair, honest and forthright way.

I hope you will consider my request to remove this judgment from my Equifax credit report.  I appreciate you taking the time to help me."

I mailed this by regular mail

Message Edited by belverbears on 09-07-2007 05:04 PM
Message 4 of 16
demitasse03
Valued Member

Congrats! You have inspired me.  I'm writing my letter tonight! Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah...trying is the key  Smiley Happy  Just try.  Send a goodwill letter.   You never know if it'll work and if it does, it's a GOOD feeling.

Message 6 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Two judgments deleted, incredible!! WTG!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BBears! I will give it a try!!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool ! thanks for this . I am going to try it, i'll let you know what happens.

rp

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.