Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to CA and affect on SOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talking to CA and affect on SOL

This is my first post, I have been reading these forums for a LONG time now.  However never posted anything.  I have a question, I know that you aren't supposed to talk to the CA's, but about 2 years ago I had one calling me non-stop about an account.  I finally answered and talked to them, I actually even talked about payment arrangements.  However, I never actually went through with them because I wanted the account to be deleted from my CRs and they said they couldn't do it.  They actually even sent me a letter regarding the payment arrangement.  I never signed anything or made any payments, I just stopped communicating with them.  By speaking with them did I reset the SOL?  The account was charged off in 2002 and I live in Texas the SOL is 4 years and would have been up in 2006.  I appreciate any feedback.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Talking to CA and affect on SOL

You did not reset the SOL unless you actually agreed to the payment arangement- (They all record calls)

It is now past SOL- they should be more willing to PFD

Photo_Buff wrote:
This is my first post, I have been reading these forums for a LONG time now.  However never posted anything.  I have a question, I know that you aren't supposed to talk to the CA's, but about 2 years ago I had one calling me non-stop about an account.  I finally answered and talked to them, I actually even talked about payment arrangements.  However, I never actually went through with them because I wanted the account to be deleted from my CRs and they said they couldn't do it.  They actually even sent me a letter regarding the payment arrangement.  I never signed anything or made any payments, I just stopped communicating with them.  By speaking with them did I reset the SOL?  The account was charged off in 2002 and I live in Texas the SOL is 4 years and would have been up in 2006.  I appreciate any feedback.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy, I actually may have agreed to a payment arrangement.  But told them I needed a letter.  However I never responded or sent them a payment.  So are you saying that if I did agree that I reset the SOL?  They have not contacted me in about 2 years nor have they reported to CRAs since 10/2006.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not an lawyer-

it varies from state to state- and they would have to have this recorded and managed not to lose it it 2 years-

If your still unsure call your AG-

Photo_Buff wrote:
Thanks Timothy, I actually may have agreed to a payment arrangement.  But told them I needed a letter.  However I never responded or sent them a payment.  So are you saying that if I did agree that I reset the SOL?  They have not contacted me in about 2 years nor have they reported to CRAs since 10/2006.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

PHOTO, Recording a phone conversation falls under the *wiretapping* law. Federal law is easy BUT state law is the same as SOL. Every state has its own laws. Some follow federal but most do not!

Federal law  1 person has to ok the taping(easy) other states all parties must agree and then some states NO NO NO  they can not tape any phone conversation!

Im with Timothy...its been 2 years I think that you are safe. Besides even if they did record & kept it, you asked for it in writting & there isn't anything.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your responses.  Luckily the CA is only on my TransUnion report and the OC is only on TransUnion and Experian.  I will just wait for it to fall off next year and expect no other problems.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.