Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card - clarification please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Card - clarification please?

I've recently read in these forums that Target is no longer giving out CLI's? Also, that they are no longer accepting applicants w/ a BK. I have a target card (not the Visa), so does this mean my chances of getting a conversion to the Visa are out? Am I really stuck w/ a $300 cl forever?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card - clarification please?

Profit wrote:
I've recently read in these forums that Target is no longer giving out CLI's? Also, that they are no longer accepting applicants w/ a BK. I have a target card (not the Visa), so does this mean my chances of getting a conversion to the Visa are out? Am I really stuck w/ a $300 cl forever?

I have heard that they are replacing some of the Target Cards with the Target Visa......if your credit is worthy of it.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what determines the worthiness, scores, how high, etc...?
Message 3 of 7
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I was just denied a red guest card due to a 9 year old BK. My TU score at the time of pull was 610 so I think I had an ok score, especially with I got a Barclay's card with a $1750 CL. If your looking for a store card I have been told both JCPenney and Walmart are easier to get.
Message 4 of 7
tpayne105
New Contributor

Actually I just got a $300 increase on my account in the past week...I have the regular Target card....I was surprised....
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

tpayne105 wrote:
Actually I just got a $300 increase on my account in the past week...I have the regular Target card....I was surprised....

How long have you had it? Do you use it frequently?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Profit,

I got the target Red card and I am 6 years out of BK7.  My limit is 300 and they are not doing CLI's at all anymore.  Matter of fact their 800 number says that they are not accepting requests for cli's anymore.  So,  I think it will be automatic based on payments and usage and utilization.

Eve
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.