Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target GW worked!

tag
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Target GW worked!

Dear Ashley X XXXXX

We've removed references to late payments on your accounts for the months you disputed.

Target is updating this information at all three credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union

If you need further information, please contact the credit bureaus at:
adresses and phones numbers

Thanks for getting in touch with us.  We hope you'll continue to enjoy shopping with your Target card.

woohoo...  I don't know the effect on my scores yet because I'm broke and can't pay for my reports haha

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target GW worked!

My fiancee sent a GW to a bank that was showing a couple late payments and their answer was "We cannot remove it, because the only way to do so would be to say we made an error on our part in placing it there".

Is this true? This is an old account, so it might not be a matter of just updating their system and letting it push to the CA's on next update. Since it is an old/closed account, they may have to contact them directly and give reason for the removal of the item?
Message 2 of 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

iwantapony wrote:
My fiancee sent a GW to a bank that was showing a couple late payments and their answer was "We cannot remove it, because the only way to do so would be to say we made an error on our part in placing it there".

Is this true? This is an old account, so it might not be a matter of just updating their system and letting it push to the CA's on next update. Since it is an old/closed account, they may have to contact them directly and give reason for the removal of the item?

If its an old account its probably not hurting you as much, but CA's and OC's can have late payments, collection, chargeoffs etc. removed if they really wanted to. To my knowledge their is no law against this! Just keep trying til you get the right person!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I am curious, did you use the address on your statement, or a different one?  I just sent out a GW to Target about two weeks ago.  If I get the "regular" resonse, I will try again. 

If you used a different address, can you please share?! Smiley Happy  Thanks!!!!
Message 4 of 5
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

I sent it to the address that is on my credit report for them:

Mail Stop 5C-F
PO Box 673
Minneapolis, MN 55440

Good luck!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.