Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target VISA Reports to TU anf EQ but not EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target VISA Reports to TU anf EQ but not EX

I have a Target Visa: CL $9500  Balance $540 with perfect 3 year payment history which shows
up on TU and EQ as stated. On the EX report this card shows up with the old account
number when it was still a Target card (was converted by Target to a Visa a year ago) with
the old CL of $200 and balance of $197.

What is the best and fastest way to get EX to update the info. to the way it should be?
Should I dispute it with EX or just call Target Visa and ask them to send EX the correct info?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Target VISA Reports to TU anf EQ but not EX

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Target Visa: CL $9500 Balance $540 with perfect 3 year payment history which shows
up on TU and EQ as stated. On the EX report this card shows up with the old account
number when it was still a Target card (was converted by Target to a Visa a year ago) with
the old CL of $200 and balance of $197.
What is the best and fastest way to get EX to update the info. to the way it should be?
Should I dispute it with EX or just call Target Visa and ask them to send EX the correct info?
Thanks

I had something similar with an old store card that I brushed off and started using again. None of my reports, including EX, were indicating that it was alive once more.

I disputed online, and so far EQ and EX have properly updated. EX was the first, and everything is now accurate. I disputed as "wrong balance" --sounds like that would work for you, too. BTW, at the end you get a killer free credit report with everything on it --soft inquiries, past balances, dates of CLI's, you name it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something similar with an old store card that I brushed off and started using again. None of my reports, including EX, were indicating that it was alive once more.

I disputed online, and so far EQ and EX have properly updated. EX was the first, and everything is now accurate. I disputed as "wrong balance" --sounds like that would work for you, too. BTW, at the end you get a killer free credit report with everything on it --soft inquiries, past balances, dates of CLI's, you name it.

Thanks for your help hauling. I'm going to dispute it online with EX from myfico.com.  BTW, how do you dispute ONLINE with TU and EQ. What site do you do it from? Thanks
Message 3 of 5
pattycake
Established Contributor

Exxon stopped reporting to the bureaus early this year, but I wonder if that is because they were being bought out by Citi. I was confused and called them since I thought they had closed my account, but the CSR told me that my account was open and current, but that I should probably use it to show activity. I used it last week, so we'll see if it reports.

Target has always reported to all three bureaus for me, even when I switched over from the RedCard to the Visa.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Thanks for your help hauling. I'm going to dispute it online with EX from myfico.com. BTW, how do you dispute ONLINE with TU and EQ. What site do you do it from? Thanks

Oh, geez, now I have to remember how I did something! Smiley Very Happy

Probably I went to the actual EX and TU websites and bought a report. Get the cheapest one that you can find --no scores, no monitoring, nothing. I * might * have disputed TU from the TC website. Unfortunately I usually have at least 5 tabs open at any one time, and I hop around, and at the end of the day, I have no idea how I got anywhere at all. Until I learned to compulsively save reports, I lost an awful lot of stuff. Also, I had pulled my full reports directly from the agencies recently to look at my soft inqs, so I might have already had an open report. Once you get to a report, look for the dispute buttons and go from there. Whenever they give you a report number or confirmation number, copy/ paste it to Notepad, because you might need it again next time.

By the way, I gained two points on EQ today when they verified the old report. Even though I would normally have lost some by having a dormant account waking up, they changed my 30-60-90-120 to 30-30-60-90 (same thing on EX), so it actually kind of helped.

Still waiting on TU...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.