Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lein

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Lein

Hi! I am new to the forum and have many questions but will start with this one: Has anyone ever been able to have a paid off tax lein removed from their credit report? Would it be wise to try a GW letter to have this taken off my CR. I paid it off in 2005, however it is still on my CR  under judgements. HELP!!! Thank you!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax Lein

Hi wbrantle, welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of information here to help you to excellent credit health.

I have 4 tax liens on my CR. 3 releases from 1994, and 2001, and one lien I'm still paying on. I've been afraid to even consider having the releases removed.

I know that doesn't answer your questions, but that's my experience. I know it is one whale of a chore to get it removed.

Perhaps someone who has, will chime in and give you their story.

Good luck. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state are you in?  Is it Federal or state?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My tax lein is from Georgia. It is for state taxes. I had two and one was removed on its own but the other one is still on my CR. I have sent my paid release that I got from the state to all three CRAs but they marked it PAID and did not remove it. Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a "paid' one from MD - they had duplicated mine on EX so getting the one removed was easy.  If there is a way to get these off (Legally) before 7 years after payment I would love to know it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.