Did you mean: 

Tax Lien Information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Lien Information

FOR ALL THOSE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME WITH A TAX LIEN ON YOUR RECORD,
HERE IS SOME HELPFUL INFORMATION.

I CALLED AND SPOKE TO THE IRS DEPARTMENT IN CHARGE OF REMOVING LIENS (NOT JUST CLOSING THEM).  I WAS INFORMED THAT IF I APPLIED FOR A LOAN TO PAY OFF THE LIEN AND WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF THE LIEN, THAT I COULD SEND THE LETTER IN WITH AN EXPLANATION AND A REQUEST FOR REMOVAL OF THE LIEN.  THE LETTER NEEDS TO STATE THAT THE APPLICATION WAS DENIED DUE TO THE LIEN.  THE ACCOMPANYING LETTER FROM YOU NEEDS TO CLEARLY STATE THAT YOUR INTENT IS TO OBTAIN A LOAN TO PAY OFF THE TAX DEBT AND REQUEST THAT THE LIEN BE REMOVED SO THAT YOUR LOAN CAN BE APPROVED.

HOPE THIS INFO HELPS FOLKS!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tax Lien Information

This is a boon of knowledge. Getting the tax liens released is my key goal, as the two that I have are the main derogs on my account... everything else terrible is two years old as of next month.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you apply at a bank you need to delicately steer them toward the answer in letter form that you need for the IRS to agree.  Remember the letter has to say in some form that the app is denied due to the lien.  If the letter says denied due to something on your credit, contact them and ask them to specify what on the credit is the problem.  See if you can steer them toward an approval if the lien is removed.  Good Luck.  I intend to go there as soon as the rest of few credit issues are cleaned up.  I have to wait on disputes, DV's, and GW's.  Please let me know how you fair at the bank.
Message 3 of 8
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

THINK THIS WOULD WORK FOR A STATE TAX LIEN

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

possible, the only way to find out is to call and discuss.
Message 5 of 8
jackg
Established Contributor

lilkjohnson,

It sounds as though you are looking for someone else to try this approach for you?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 6 of 8
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I was just reviewing previous credit rejection letters and they are typically vague about why you are being rejected. It'll say something like "a derogatory public record", which doesn't say specifically that you have a tax lien so we're not going to give you loan.

With that in mind, to satisfy the IRS, I wager it would take sending a copy of the loan application with the "use of funds" section highlighted to indicate that you wanted to pay an IRS lien along with the rejection letter.

I'm going to be going to my credit union to ask for such a loan to pay off the IRS, and if I get rejected then I'm going to follow this course of action. I'll post the results...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jackg,
I don't need anyone to try it for me since I will be doing it within a few weeks myself.  I just want to empower other people with information that might lead to a positive result for them.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.