Valued Contributor
Lady_Scarlet

Tax Lien Question(s)

I know it will report for 7-7.5 years after it was paid.  But how long does it severly affect score - can I expect score relief 2 years, 3 years, etc after payment or do I have to wait for it to drop off before I will get the approx 60 points back (that's running the simulator and just a guesstimate)
Now a member of the UNOFFICIAL 700 Club - Plus scores of 734-734-747
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: Tax Lien Question(s)

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
I know it will report for 7-7.5 years after it was paid.  But how long does it severly affect score - can I expect score relief 2 years, 3 years, etc after payment or do I have to wait for it to drop off before I will get the approx 60 points back (that's running the simulator and just a guesstimate)

all baddies hurt less as they age. There is no way to tell how many or if you will gain points when they drop.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}