Equafax 616
Transunion 596

My current Credit picture

citibank 500 cl 20 bal
credit one 200 cl 60 bal
capital one 300 cl 250 bal 
amex delta - denied

All balances are paid off each month.

I have a fed tax lien from 2003 that shows up on my Experian and Equafax report.  The Transunion has the fed tax lien along with a state tax judgement that posted earlier this year.  I am working to pay off both liens, however I know that it will be several years before i can satisfy them.  Those are the only baddies/derogs that appear on my credit profile.

What do you think my next steps should be?  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

wblake

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Tax Lien Question

I had 2 federal & 2 state tax liens on mine. I wasa ble to get mine removed earlier for these reasons. I filed my taxes on time every year. I always stayed in communication such as a letter and telephone call. I stuck to my payments arrangeemnts each month. I had extenuating medical reasons from being hit by a car. They may be willing to have them deleted possibly as long as you stay in touch with them, file your taxes on time, and make your payments tot ehm as promised. On top of that never be late on any other accounts. Keep a baalnce of 1-9% o0f the line of credut on credit cards. So if your line of credit is $ 1,000 then keep balances at around $ 10.00   Yes you may pay ten cents on interest each month but having a small balance compared to apying the cards off in full will give you another at least 10 fico score points. You have to have one credit card. If you need to get a secured credit card. www.nmbonline.com   They do not do a credit check but they reprot to all three bureaus

I have a fed tax lien from 2003 that shows up on my Experian and Equafax report.  The Transunion has the fed tax lien along with a state tax judgement that posted earlier this year.  I am working to pay off both liens, however I know that it will be several years before i can satisfy them.  Those are the only baddies/derogs that appear on my credit profile.

What do you think my next steps should be?  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax Lien Question

Should I attempt to add additional trade lines?  If so, which cards do you think it would be easiest for me to obtain?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.