Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lien in the mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Lien in the mail

I just received a letter from the IRS displaying unpaid taxes from the year 2014 and I have until Nov 2nd to pay the taxes owed. I just paid them so my question is will the tax lien go on my credit report? I hope not..

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tax Lien in the mail

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received a letter from the IRS displaying unpaid taxes from the year 2014 and I have until Nov 2nd to pay the taxes owed. I just paid them so my question is will the tax lien go on my credit report? I hope not..

Possibly so you want to file form 12277 to have it withdrawn. Are you sure its a lien and not just an assessment?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax Lien in the mail

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Possibly so you want to file form 12277 to have it withdrawn. Are you sure its a lien and not just an assessment?

I looked over it carefully and did some research and found out that it might be just an assessment. I'm 6 months late on the payment and it hasn't appeared on my credit report so when I pay it off it definitely won't show up on my report. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.