Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax lien vanished, 55 point increase

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Tax lien vanished, 55 point increase

It's gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg&ebc=ANyPxKqmhN7sYluJCC0SjZkFBafi4jxYO10AZGPUCMfk9DYGlvb5...

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man congrats!!

Message 52 of 54
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Maybe this will help others. My IRS back taxes were wiped out in Chap7 no asset BK. IRS by law had to release the lien due to no assets within 30 days. Once I got the release copy from the corthouse. I sent it to the CRB's. IRS wont do it. No score change. Shows Paid-Released. It was filed 08-2009. Due to fall off 7 yrs later this August. I tried the withdrawl form. Denied due to the BK wiped out the lien. So its 7 yrs from date filed, not released. Age may*may not increase scores. Its old..

Message 53 of 54
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

@cem13 wrote:

@dman23 wrote:

I just learned that it's not the IRS or respective state that reports a tax lien to the CRA's, rather the CRA's get this information as a matter of public record. I guess technically one with a tax lien could luck out if CRA doesn't do a public recodr search on an individual.

I am in this situation.  I had a State tax lein from 2009 and I paid it off in 2011.  The State forwarded a removal request to the county and it was removed.  TU and EQ picked it up and removed it from my report.  EX would not remove it.  I forwarded them a screen shot of the county website under my name and address with "No Returned Results"  EX updated my file to and entered "Lein Removed" but kept the negative tradeline. 

EX is my highest score so I do not think it is affecting me much.  It is scheduled to drop off in 15 months anyway.  During my recent mortage, the UW had me write a letter so explain why I had the lein.  I explained everything to her and she was surprised that EX would not removed it.  Nevertheless, my written statement was good enough and I received the mortgage anyway.

Summary: My tax lein is listed as "Removed" but still remains on my EX without any harm to my score.  A Mortgage UW thought it was unusual and requested the I write a letter explaining the situation and I received the mortgage.  So overall, it did not hurt me.

Cem13, Experian has changed their stripes. If you call this week you should no longer have a problem with removing that lien since they no longer pay private vendors for data such as that. Some will say that CRA can verify it themselves but in your case either way is a win. Just thought I would share. Congrats on your mortgage!

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.