New Contributor
ddivaqt

Tell Me How Can You....

Get pre-approved for a mortgage with a 629 mid score, have no late or outstanding debts for twelve consecutive months. No new tradelines waiting for closing so the FICO score does not decrease - get a good rate lock, closing date and then a denial by underwriter stating that the prior delinquent mortgage payments from a couple years ago are sited? So now I get to move into an apartment with my proceeds of my sale (40 months of reserves). What gives?
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: Tell Me How Can You....

New Contributor
ddivaqt

Thanks Noah, the loan was approved by the Acorn program, similar to NACA, but because they are underwritten by a bank their standards got me. They are going to request a recon, but until then I will continue to look for temporary housing.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Particularly if you have a prior mortgage history under Acorn, FHA should be easy for you to get approved. And I believe FHA does refins.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+