Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Address

tag
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

Temporary Address

Hey guys. 

My credit report is clean and only had one address reporting, same one on my drivers license, as well as statements. I live with family so I don't have any sort of lease agreements or utility bills though, fortunately I've gotten by fine for now.

However, due to a recent situation, I'm not living on that address for the mean time. 

One of my creditors knows this and reported my current address right now that I gave to them (living with a friend, but once again nothing in writing), and I assume my old address is just going to remain on my report as an old address.

My question is, when I move back to my old address, can I change my address information once again? Or will the address I have with my friend right now be stuck as my current address? Can they switch my current address back to my old address once I move back? In that case my friends address will become a previous address, and I guess I'm fine with that, but I don't want things to get messy or have future creditors think I'm risky because I move from place to place, which I don't, it's just a convenient living situation for the mean time since it's an easy commute to school until the situation back at home clears up for me to move back.

I just want to know for the mean time, what else I should do in case I'm asked for proof or I get into some hurdles if I apply anywhere if they see information doesn't match up as it should? I'm going to get my mail sent here too for now.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Temporary Address

Yes you can change your address to the previous address w/o a problem 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.