cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you MyFICO Community! My credit is finally in recovery!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MyFICO Community! My credit is finally in recovery!!!

Hello All,

This is my first post to the board but I have read MANY posts and responses and updates as I have been on the path to improve my credit.  When I started, my files at all three bureaus were A MESS!!!  Thanks to the small investment in credit monitoring on this site and the INCREDIBLY helpful information on these discussion boards, I have been able to make dramatic improvement in my scores in just a year's time.  My credit is recovering from a divorce, a foreclosure and a reposession so my scores were in DIRE need of attention. 

In August of 2015 my EQ = 590, TU = 628 and EX = 608.  I had one Capital One card at $500 and while I paid on time I wasn't regularly managing my utilization.  I had multiple collection accounts reporting and several charge offs.  I couldn't finance a stick of gum and I was totally ignoring the massive work I needed to do on my credit profile. 

As of June 2016 my EQ = 680, TU = 717 and EX = 696.  I still have a way to go, but I have had a 90 point increase across all three bureaus which I think is great!  I now have NO collections on my reports and only one paid charge off reporting.  My original Capital One Platinum was upgraded to a QuickSilver Card and the limit was raised to $1850, I have added to that a QuickSilver One at $6000 and a Venture at $7000.  Additionally, I have an AMEX PRG with NPSL, an AMEX Platinum Delta SkyMIles at $6000, a NFCU Flagship Rewards at $22,000, a Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa at $3000, a PayPal Extras MasterCard at $3000, a PenFed Promise Visa at $2500, a Barclays Rewards MasterCard at $2000, a Walmart Store Card at $6000, an Amazon Prime Store Card at $6000 for a total of $65,350 in total credit available that I have kept under 9% utilization continuously.  My Bank of America and PenFed limits would be higher but I am unwilling to take hard pulls for the additional credit. 

Today, I learned that I was approved for a new mortgage with NO underwriting conditions or stipulations.  Just a year ago I would have thought this was IMPOSSIBLE, but with the advice and personal stories from you all on the boards I have been able to make a tremendous recovery.  I am sharing my story and adding it to the countless success stories that exist because of how dedicated people here are to helping others.  If you are starting a credit recovery journey, or are in the middle of one like me...know that the effort is TOTALLY worth it and pay it forward so that more success stories can follow!  Thank you all again!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you MyFICO Community! My credit is finally in recovery!!!

Congratulations!  It only gets better from here.

Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the progress and success.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!!!  I'm looking forward to it getting better and better!!!

Message 4 of 10
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

This is what I love to read. Awesome! Congrats!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 10
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

These stories motivate me and the questions and items in here educate me. Nice credit limits and congrats.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job educating yourself and doing the right things to improve your credit health!

You're only about 60 points or so away from "perfect" credit which I define as anything 760+ as with that score you can essentially obtain anything that someone with a score in the 800's can (within reason).  If you stick with what you've been doing I wouldn't be surprised if you are there this time next year.  Keep it up!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Message 8 of 10
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

That is f-ing awesome. Way to go! Smiley Happy I cant wait till im ready to get a house of my own. The journey to get there is so exciting.

"Four more months until 2 inquires fall off."
My Journey Thread: Wolfeyy's Journey/Timeline thus far...
Goal: 780s across the board(Accomplished!) | Util: under 3%
5/27/17 - TU: 789 | EX: 785 | EQ: 798
Discover IT - $11,000 | Citi DC - $5,200 | PenFed Cash Rewards - $2,500 | Cap1 QS1 - $2,300 | Barclay Rewards - $1,500
Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! Yours is definetly inspiring! Best of luck in the future!!Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.