Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you myFICO!

tag
Starbuckpga
Established Member

Thank you myFICO!

I have been lurking and posting this forum for about two weeks ago and watching my credit report closely. There were a couple of inaccurate information on a couple of the reports and with the help of everyone here I was able to get them removed. About seven years ago almost to the date I had some credit problems. With now after getting most of it fixed, except for two accounts that have been paid off, but still show on my reports I am getting back to square one again. Also the two bad accounts will both be gone from my report in the next six months as it will have been seven years. Over the last three years I've had a couple credit cards with small balances of like 200 dollars. One was a Orchard secure card for 200 which I had to send in 200. Another was Chase for 200 and Capital One for 500. The last three years I've bought a nice house, new SUV, and never missed a payment on anything. My scores had shot up big time the last three years after checking them here at myFICO. Well after reading the forums and learning a few tricks of the trade I decided to apply for a card today. I chose Bank of America has I have checking account there as well as our home loan. So I figured they would be good to me. So I applied on online to be surprised and get approved for 6000k. I applied for a basic Platinum Visa card. I called and asked them if I could get the WorldPoints Reward card to get rewards. Yep you bet they gave it to me. In fact they even reviewed my report and gave me a credit limit increase. So now after all this and reading the experience people here on the forum I got a very good rewards card and my total credit limit is now 10k. Thank you for all the valuable information you guys have posted here. I am still in awe of the card I got and for the limit. -David
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Thank you myFICO!

Congrats!  And you can even use it for coffee.....   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

WTG David!  That's such a great story!  I'm smilin'.... you deserve to be very proud!  Awesome on the BoA! 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 9
Starbuckpga
Established Member

Thanks guys I couldn't believe it. I learned my lesson seven years ago with credit. Some of it was my fault some of it wasn't. But still my name was on the account. Now with a great card and six months away from my report being totally clean is a great feeling. Also for anyone that wants to know here are my scores from myFICO when I applied today:

Equifax - 651
Experian - 649
Transunion - 698

Transunion is hight because they do not show the two bad accounts, however the other two do. Once they drop off they should go up even higher. I will continue to keep paying my bills on time and improve my credit. My goal is to be close to 800 when I am almost 35.

-David

Message Edited by Starbuckpga on 07-06-2007 03:46 PM

Message Edited by Starbuckpga on 07-06-2007 03:47 PM
Message 4 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I would imagine with 6.5 years of perfection and a new $10K card, you might well get a bump in scores.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 9
Starbuckpga
Established Member

@MidnightVoice wrote:
I would imagine with 6.5 years of perfection and a new $10K card, you might well get a bump in scores.

I would hope to get quite a bump in scores. Will probably being buying another house in about 4-5 years, so that might set me back a few points.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! Job well done. - Cecilia

@Starbuckpga wrote:
I have been lurking and posting this forum for about two weeks ago and watching my credit report closely. There were a couple of inaccurate information on a couple of the reports and with the help of everyone here I was able to get them removed. About seven years ago almost to the date I had some credit problems. With now after getting most of it fixed, except for two accounts that have been paid off, but still show on my reports I am getting back to square one again. Also the two bad accounts will both be gone from my report in the next six months as it will have been seven years. Over the last three years I've had a couple credit cards with small balances of like 200 dollars. One was a Orchard secure card for 200 which I had to send in 200. Another was Chase for 200 and Capital One for 500. The last three years I've bought a nice house, new SUV, and never missed a payment on anything. My scores had shot up big time the last three years after checking them here at myFICO. Well after reading the forums and learning a few tricks of the trade I decided to apply for a card today. I chose Bank of America has I have checking account there as well as our home loan. So I figured they would be good to me. So I applied on online to be surprised and get approved for 6000k. I applied for a basic Platinum Visa card. I called and asked them if I could get the WorldPoints Reward card to get rewards. Yep you bet they gave it to me. In fact they even reviewed my report and gave me a credit limit increase. So now after all this and reading the experience people here on the forum I got a very good rewards card and my total credit limit is now 10k. Thank you for all the valuable information you guys have posted here. I am still in awe of the card I got and for the limit. -David

Message 7 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

WTG!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

good job!  keep you the great work.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.