Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help

I just wanted to thank everyone here for all the help.  No one in my family had ever dealt with credit cards or thought much about credit.  About March of this year I stumbled onto this site.  It has changed my and my family's life. When I first found this site I went and pulled my credit.  It was not good.  I started getting serious about cleaning it up and now have mid to high 700's across the board. (lowest is EX and it is 720 at this time.  I went a little crazy at first and applied for too many cards.  I got them but around August realized I needed to only get good cards that can help me. (I have NFCU, Alliant, RBFCU and Langley along with a few others that I use alot. I will admit I have a Marvel card along with a gas card from Sync. I have put up the rest. After I learned so much from y'all I thought I should help my family.First I put them as AU on two of my credit cards for history and to help scores. My brother now has a Discover, NFCU , US Bank and Wells Fargo.  His scores went from low 600's to mid 700's. My mother's has changed the most though.  She only has 3 cards, BOA, Cap 1 and NFCU.  When she started her scores were in the high 500's.  Now she is in the very high 600's and has 2 scores in the low to mid 700's.  I know this is long but I just HAD to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for all of your help.  My family thanks you. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks for the help

This site is great in that it is a wealth of information that can actually affect the financial well being of an individual. I would argue that budgeting, money management, credit cards and bank accounts should be curriculum in our high schools but that's for another day. Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous here, here! When I was a kid, not only did I have to walk uphill both ways to school (barefoot in the snow, even in September and May, of course) but we did learn to write checks, balance a checkbook, and work from a budget.

@Anonymous thanks so much for sharing your story and that of your family. It is truly amazing what these forums have done for my family, also.  I'm paying tens of thousands dollars a year less in interest and actually on track to be debt-free!

Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This site is great in that it is a wealth of information that can actually affect the financial well being of an individual. I would argue that budgeting, money management, credit cards and bank accounts should be curriculum in our high schools but that's for another day. Congratulations on your success!

+10000

And congrats OP to your and your family's financial gains!

Message 4 of 5
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

"Life-changing" is no exaggeration for what this site has meant to me and my family as well. Warmest congratulations to your and yours!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.