Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to Myfico!

tag
tvandine
Contributor

Thanks to Myfico!

I went from a 450 on May of this year, with zero history! To this. With 25 TL open! Revolving credit of $9500!

FICO® Score: View

Your FICO® Score
As of July 31, 2014
your FICO® Score is:

You have a short credit history.You've recently been looking for credit.
Your FICO ® Score measures the age of your oldest account and the average age of your accounts. In your case, either your oldest account was opened recently or the average age of your accounts is relatively low. People that do not frequently open new accounts and have longer credit histories generally pose less risk to lenders.Each time you apply for credit a credit inquiry is added to your credit report. Your credit report shows recent credit inquiries, which indicates that you've recently been seeking credit. People who are actively seeking credit genreally pose more of a risk to lenders than those who are not. Your FICO ® Score was lowered due to the number of credit inquiries performed within the last 12 months. Your FICO ® Score will consider these recent inquiries less as time passes, provided no new inquiries are added.
Keep this in mind: As your credit history lengthens and you pay your bills on time, this factor should have less of a negative impact on your score.Keep this in mind: As a general rule, if you don't need or plan to use credit, don't apply for it.

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks to Myfico!

Nice! Congrats!

If you have an average of $380 per account, I'd garden for 12 months now and then ask for CLI's on all of them. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 10
Ashhh1991
Established Member

Congrats on your credit score.

I agree with RushXTC that you should garden for about a year. After a year, you can try to apply for some of the prime cards (Discover IT, Freedom, Amex BCE etc).

I'd also recommend closing out any cards (or converting), before the annual fee hits.

EDIT: I just noticed that we both registered on the same day. Smiley Very Happy

TU Fico: 709 8/5
Auto Loan: Chase 11.9k/16.9k, 4.99% APR, $507.28/mo
CC: BoA BBR 6.1k, Slate 4k, Sapphire 3.5k, Citi TYP 3.2k Fidelity Amex 3k, QuickSilver 3k, SallieMae 3k, WF Cashback 2.8k, Citi DP 2.4k, Arrival 2.25k, Amex BCE 2k, Discover IT 1.5k.
Message 4 of 10
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Congrats on your success! Keep up the hard work and garden those accounts!

Message 5 of 10
LiberatedRN
Contributor

Wow!!! That's great!!!  If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so many TL with a low score? Which TL's did you find easiest to get? I would appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Officially in the Garden: 2-7-15 till 2-7-16 EQ 711 TU 735 EX 709 (Goal Score 750) (current accounts and inquiries need to age)AmexBlueCashPreferred$6.5K /CDP$6.3K/CitiDblCash$1.5k/Discover$4K/AmexGRN / ChaseFreedom$3.5K /Chase Disney$2.5K/ShopHQ$3.8K/Ebates$3.5K/WilliamsSonoma$4.5K/ /Amazon$2.6K/ HSN$2.3K /Walmart$2.3K/JCrew$4.5K / QVC$2.8K/PayPalCredit$884/BOA(sec)$600/The Loft $1000/Target $500/JCPenney$400/VS$500Last App2-7-15
Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@LiberatedRN wrote:

Wow!!! That's great!!!  If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so many TL with a low score? Which TL's did you find easiest to get? I would appreciate the advice. Thanks!

A slew of store cards, 3 rebuilder, 1 subprime roughly looking at the signature line; nothing wrong with that and the score improvement is an impressive accomplishment however it's come by (though OP I'm guessing some negatives came off as well, or were old to begin with?) but so many TL's are not necessary from a credit building perspective.

Congrats regardless!

        
Message 7 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations!!!

Revelate: agreed that that many cards is not necessary, but it certainly helps in the long run, when more credit accounts are added, more existing credit cards = higher AAoA, so there is a certain degree of advantage.

Message 8 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

Congratulations!!!

Revelate: agreed that that many cards is not necessary, but it certainly helps in the long run, when more credit accounts are added, more existing credit cards = higher AAoA, so there is a certain degree of advantage.

Would suggest that buffer is just fine with far less tradelines honestly by the time you get to the 2 year mark where it becomes a problem.  While I agree with your assertion mathematically, in practice it is often immaterial.

        
Message 9 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.