Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best Month to Dispute CRA?

tag
thorice
New Contributor

The Best Month to Dispute CRA?

I was just wondering does anyone know of a certain time period in which the CRA get the most disputes. I was told that it's best to dispute between November thru January, because this is the holiday periods and that's when majority of people dispute. I was told that the CRA receives so many disputes between this time frame, that they have a hard time validating them within the 30 day time period and have no choice but to delete. What do you think?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: The Best Month to Dispute CRA?

Was it hauling who mentioned that before?  Someone did, and I had to say I really agree with it.  I doubt I can pull any scientific studies... but yeah everyone is a little happier during the holiday season.  And they have their minds on other things like Black Friday shopping.  Smiley Wink
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 8
Madison
Regular Contributor

I would think a lot of people working in the dispute department are taking time off for the holidays....looks like a plan to me.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wish there was some stats to back this claim up.

It actually is really making sense to me.
Message 4 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

CynicalOne wrote:
I really wish there was some stats to back this claim up.

It actually is really making sense to me.

I believe it was the Gingerbread/Eggnog study.  Smiley Very Happy

To stray a moment from disputes... I bet the best time to call a CCC to ask for something would be any holiday or holiday eve they are open... close to the end of service hours.   They want to shut you up and get off their headphones to head home.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@SmartCookie wrote:
Was it hauling who mentioned that before?

hauling has mentioned everything else under the sun, but not this one--I'm scared witless of disputing with the CRA's! It took me a week to work up the courage to get them to update my employment info. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

this would make perfect sense if it was not 95% automated.

Now- Written disputes- that may be a whole different story-
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna start trying written disputes to see if I can slide something past the 30 period. Wish me luck.Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.