cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Futility of Trying to Improve FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In my case, it was a few unpaid bills caused primarily by...

@Anonymous wrote:
BTW I have disputed the dang debt for two years that keeps hanging. Glad I read this because I see it can continue to change hands...Smiley Sad Will just keep plugging away

You might want to contact a lawyer at this point. Sounds like the company in question is willfully breaking the law. Judges tend not to look very kindly on that...and a letter on a law office's stationery might convince the CA that you're playing for keeps.
Message 61 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In my case, it was a few unpaid bills caused primarily by...

@Anonymous wrote:
In my case, it was a few unpaid bills caused primarily by a long-term illness. I don't like buying things on credit either...the only reason I even have a credit card is to improve FICO, not actually buy anything on credit. And for a time, it actually worked...got my score up eight points.

But the collection agencies are conspiring to keep my credit score down...every time it starts to go up, they take another of my OLD collection accounts (2001 to 2004) and report it again as if it is NEW. They just did that last week and knocked my score back DOWN nine points. That is what gets me angry enough to wish a meteor strike would obliterate them all and let God sort them out. If they would just report the debt once and leave it at that, it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd probably be at around 620 or so and climbing. But no, they have to keep RE-reporting it over and over again, making it look like it just charged off yesterday. Aren't there supposed to be laws against industries conspiring against consumers?

And then my own bank refuses to approve me for a credit-line increase even though I have ALWAYS paid their card on time.

So I'm just telling it like it is. My advice to anyone blacklisted with a low credit score and unable to buy a home is to LEAVE the U.S. and buy property elsewhere. That's what I intend to do. I'll settle in my fiance's homeland where my name isn't on some quasi-government/corporate list.

Great Idea.

I found out that in other countries you just need to show PROOF OF INCOME and you get the loan. Simple, if you cannot pay they take away the property. Just like here in the US of A
Message 62 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.