cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best credit cards out there are.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The best credit cards out there are.......

netpanther

I am wondering if the list is also supposed to mean that it is easier to get approved, at least w/ a small couple hundred limit in the beginning.

However, I found that once I got two store CC's and did good w/ them, then I was finally able to get a Chase CC. Made a mistake due to greediness and took an HSBC card w/ a annual fee that I read good enough in the documentation to. However, got the annual fee deleted, and then in Dec, will contact them again, and if they don't remove annual fee I will close that one.

Got added as AU on DH's cards, that helped too.

Obsesssed with making it to 700. Then

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This research is just to see who has the best costumer srevices, better late fees, overlimit fees, changing policy as increase the fees...and etc.....

Message 11 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Redamagon wrote:
fused111

Redamagon wrote:
Capitalone is one of the 5 major banks out there who controls 80% of the industry. Therefore, they came out one of the last, which it makes them the worse of them all.

Cap1 does not control 80% of the CC industry. BoA is the largest CC issuer.

HAWAII FIC-O---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No , Fused

What I said is that Capitalone is one of the 5 Largest banks that controls 80% of the credit card industry. Meaning? Capitalone, BOA, JPmorgan Chase, HSBC,Citibank are the mayor of the lalaland.. Get it!! The diference between these banks and Union Credit cards is that Banks are looking after the investor, and union cards are looking more about their members.

My eyes must be playing tricks on me! After reading your post many times over, you're right! My bad!!
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redamagon wrote:

Capitalone is one of the 5 Largest banks that controls 80% of the credit card industry.

Not exactly, but the trend is heading that way.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer Reports has a Better (5) to Worse (1) rating scale.

Capital One
2 for Interest Rate Problems
3 for Bill Timing Problems
2 Problem Resolution
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm reminded of Animal Planet's various 10 deadliest, most venomous, most dangerous, or whatever snakes.

How exactly can one definitively state this?

Well, you could count up human fatalities over a period of time. But, if humans are living in close proximity to a given species, fatal bites probably will be high for that species. Also, how about access to medical care?

If you could assemble the data, you could rate the likelihood of dying if struck, but even then the data would be impacted by factors listed above.

How about the concentration of venom toxicity? This could be offset by the average quantity of venom injected as well as the factors listed above. And the aggressiveness of a species dictates how likely one is to be struck.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
I'm reminded of Animal Planet's various 10 deadliest, most venomous, most dangerous, or whatever snakes.

How exactly can one definitively state this?

Well, you could count up human fatalities over a period of time. But, if humans are living in close proximity to a given species, fatal bites probably will be high for that species. Also, how about access to medical care?

If you could assemble the data, you could rate the likelihood of dying if struck, but even then the data would be impacted by factors listed above.

How about the concentration of venom toxicity? This could be offset by the average quantity of venom injected as well as the factors listed above. And the aggressiveness of a species dictates how likely one is to be struck.

I really like the deductive comparision of deadly snakes to CC's!!!!

yes, they are posionious if you don't handle them right!!!!!  "snicker, snicker, snicker!!!"
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie

Redamagon wrote:

Capitalone is one of the 5 Largest banks that controls 80% of the credit card industry.

Not exactly, but the trend is heading that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you talking about? The Issuers are mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.

What the 80% industries is not the issuers but who provides them, which are the banks, which dominates 80% of the market.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so from ur experience witch one of these cards can i get approved for with a credit score seating in the mid 500's thank u
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redamagon wrote:

What are you talking about? The Issuers are mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.

What the 80% industries is not the issuers but who provides them, which are the banks, which dominates 80% of the market.

What are you talking about? The banks are the card issuers. VISA and Mastercard are payment processing systems and ATM networks.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.