Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The enemy was in my room!!!

tag
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

The enemy was in my room!!!

I thought I would just lighten up the atmosphere for a minute.
I am an esthetician which means that I am a skin care therapist and as part of it, I wax eyebrows for a living. 
Yesterday at work, I had a lady come in to get her eyebrows waxed.  I asked her what she did for a living and she works for a collection agency!!!!  ENEMY!!!!  She said she just started working there and hates it because people yell at her all day.  hahaha.  Live with it lady!  I decided to fill her in on the despicable crimes that the species that she decided to join commit everyday.  I think she is going to quit her job.   Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The enemy was in my room!!!

and you need to graff that poor lady's eye lashes back on too! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, she would be penciling in some new eyebrows if it were me. Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can't blame her though. Her CA probably smoozed her and offered her a job even before she had a chance to figure out what's going on.

I appd for a job in the "publishing" industry during my college days. I sat down with the "owner" and he interviewed me. During the process, he seemed vague about exactly what they publish and what they do. I had worked for a NBC affiliate and for a major newspaper prior to that point and though I could lend some expertise.

The interview concluded and he said "Congrats! Your hired." I didn't want to say anything that could jeopardize my newfound job, but it seemed suspect. I asked if he could give me a personal tour of their operations. He agreed and showed me several well-known magazines in fancy display cases. Toured several offices and introduced me to the corp. staff.

Up to this point, he never offered a concrete salary amount, but he did throw out a figure approaching six digits. So the tour continues up to the point he showed me my "office". I consisted of an outdated desktop and he told me that I will be a collection manager for a group of 20. That was the shortest job I ever held!
Message 4 of 16
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

When I was 21, I took a job as a car salesman. I had heard all of the stereotypes, but figured I'd give it a shot and try to not think about any of the stereotypes.

I was there about 3 weeks and found out that the vast majority of the people there were sexist, racist, and just huge jerks in general.

So, she might not be a bad person, and if so she'll probably quit shortly.

This brings up a good question: Do mean people take jobs at collection agencies or does working at a collection agency make you mean?

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 16
nicemann
Established Contributor

tryingtogetitrightnow wrote:
When I was 21, I took a job as a car salesman. I had heard all of the stereotypes, but figured I'd give it a shot and try to not think about any of the stereotypes.

I was there about 3 weeks and found out that the vast majority of the people there were sexist, racist, and just huge jerks in general.

So, she might not be a bad person, and if so she'll probably quit shortly.

This brings up a good question: Do mean people take jobs at collection agencies or does working at a collection agency make you mean?

I've got to agree.....good people take jobs that may not be the best because they need the money.  We all have bills that we have to pay (well hopefully pay). The workers are just doing their job.  I do have to admit there are some really bad ones out there.  There are some that their hands are tied because of the rules at their CA.  And then there are those that do try to help the people (but they still have to do their job).  Hopefully the one I sent my PFD will be the last type of person.  I ahte having to wait for a response.  Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You become who you associate with....Or as a friend once said, "It take a strong fish to swim against the current; any dead one can float with it".
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truthfully, you can probably get paid better at a CA (including the commissions) than a min wage job.  People need to eat, pay bills, etc...

However some do get off on the 'power trip'... and they need to go!  Collecting should not be 'personal', if you want my money then be nice to me - beacause I will give it to you a lot faster (wish my med OC realized that).
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

it would be aweful if her payment was applied to the wrong account and it was sent to collections-

danikasmom wrote:
I am an esthetician which means that I am a skin care therapist and as part of it, I wax eyebrows for a living. 
Yesterday at work, I had a lady come in to get her eyebrows waxed.  I asked her what she did for a living and she works for a collection agency!!!!  ENEMY!!!!  She said she just started working there and hates it because people yell at her all day.  hahaha.  Live with it lady!  I decided to fill her in on the despicable crimes that the species that she decided to join commit everyday.  I think she is going to quit her job.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 16
nicemann
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
it would be aweful if her payment was applied to the wrong account and it was sent to collections-

@danikasmom wrote:
Yesterday at work, I had a lady come in to get her eyebrows waxed. I asked her what she did for a living and she works for a collection agency!!!! ENEMY!!!! She said she just started working there and hates it because people yell at her all day. hahaha. Live with it lady! I decided to fill her in on the despicable crimes that the species that she decided to join commit everyday. I think she is going to quit her job. Smiley Very Happy

Too funny, Tim!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.