cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most Credit Card inquires you have? (Last 12 months)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The most Credit Card inquires you have? (Last 12 months)

@Anonymous wrote:

However, I'm confused about those who say they don't affect a person that much. Before I decided to "garden" I was getting turned down for both new CC's and CLI's mainly due to "too many inquiries". They may not be dropping my score a whole lot, but they affect my credit in a substantial way...or so it seems to me. Am I wrong?

I said that they are the least impactful part of your credit score.  That doesn't mean you can't be denied credit due to having an excessive amount.  It all depends on what a potential lender is looking for.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That Uber credit card was my last denial. They stated too many inquiries and new accounts. Recon was very firm. I'll try in another six months. Really love that phone protection perk! Smiley Happy

US Bank has a card that also protects your phone.  You can do the prequal and see if it comes up with a set APR.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have between 18-22 in the past 12 months. A lot are coming up on 1 year so they won't matter anymore.

However, I'm confused about those who say they don't affect a person that much. Before I decided to "garden" I was getting turned down for both new CC's and CLI's mainly due to "too many inquiries". They may not be dropping my score a whole lot, but they affect my credit in a substantial way...or so it seems to me. Am I wrong?

It's not the INQs that get you. It's a bunch of new accounts that throw a red flag.

This is the reason for a denial from PenFed I received about a month ago: (Copy and pasted from their message to me)

Length of time revolving accounts have been established

Too many inquiries last 12 months

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I said that they are the least impactful part of your credit score.  That doesn't mean you can't be denied credit due to having an excessive amount.  It all depends on what a potential lender is looking for.

@I was referring to what Donny wrote:

"In a couple of years? 

After 12 months inquiries no longer bother your score. You'll get back 3-5 baby points.

They fall off completely at around 24 months.

Stop giving inquiries a bad name. It's all part of the credit game. They are OVERATED...

If you have good profiles, no baddies, inquries mean nothing. In fact after you get so many, they don't even affect your score..."

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both the first sentence and the last sentence of his post refer to score, so it can be inferred that his overall thesis is that inquiries matter little with respect to FICO score.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX: 2

TU: 1

EQ: 1

Total: 4 (Last 12 Months)

Although, Blispay said they contacted EX to remove my HP because they couldn't verify me but that was almost 2mths ago and it's still on my EX report. Don't know how long it takes to remove a HP from a report or who I should contact if it's taking too long.

Message 26 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have between 18-22 in the past 12 months. A lot are coming up on 1 year so they won't matter anymore.

It's not the INQs that get you. It's a bunch of new accounts that throw a red flag.

This is the reason for a denial from PenFed I received about a month ago: (Copy and pasted from their message to me)

Length of time revolving accounts have been established

Too many inquiries last 12 months

The too many inqs is something that is a common response. I've received that response whether I was approved or denied. The length of time revolving accounts have been established is another way of saying too many new accounts. 

I was just approved for another Penfed CC a month ago, with a SP. I have a crap load of new accounts and plenty of INQs. I also have a crap load of revolving accounts that are 24 months old. It is lender dependent on who's more sensitive to the number of inqs. I can tell you from my experience, the INQs don't mean much score wise or being ultimately approved.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

In slightly over a year (15 months) I've had 18 inquiries, 3 denials, and 15 approvals, the most recent being just a couple of days ago for a Capital One Venture. 

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Though I'm curious now if it affects a banks internal score just by having it on you're report past the 12 months. I recall a credit analyst from Chase saying they don't take too kindly if you have a lot of closed accounts in last 12 month. But who knows

You are conflating inquiries and closed accounts for no reason here. Not every inquiry results in a closed account nor does a closed account necessarily have anything to do with an inquiry from the last 12 months.  

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.