Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The right contact??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The right contact??

I'm about to send out a bunch of goodwill letters to various credit cards (open & closed) hoping to get some late payments deleted.  Who should I address these to?  I got the address information off my credit report but wondered if I should send them to the attn: of a specific department or job title.  Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The right contact??

Sent mine to the address on my CRs, and started my letters all "Dear Madam or Sir".

If those don't work, in Round Two you can start targeting CEOs or trying a different tactic.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had any luck using "Dear Sir or Madam"?  I tried that with Victoria's Secret and got absolutely no response whatsoever.  I wasn't sure if a specific department handled these requests or if it was a crap shoot.
Message 3 of 5
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

sent a gw today, and used address on reports, and also put attention GM or supervisor on envelope
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

mstrey12 wrote:
Have you had any luck using "Dear Sir or Madam"?
I wasn't sure if a specific department handled these requests or if it was a crap shoot.

Yes and yes.

Yes I've had luck with GW. Mine shown here all began Sir or Madam.

But yes it is a crapshoot.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.