cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The run around - why can't someone help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The run around - why can't someone help!!

I am so annoyed with people. I keep getting the run around.

I had a student loan that defaulted so they sent it to the guarantor - which on my CR shows as CA. I paid it in full. On my CR- the original student loan is showing as past due/not paid. I called them and they said there is nothing they can do but to take it  up with CRA.

Next, I call the guarantor I paid off. He said I had to take it up with original student loan. ugh!!!!!!!!!

I disputed with CRA which will probably make things worse. Any advice on where I should go from here.... wait for CRA answer or just keep calling original student loan until someone helps me?

this is like a full time job!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The run around - why can't someone help!!

overwhelmed wrote:
I am so annoyed with people. I keep getting the run around.

I had a student loan that defaulted so they sent it to the guarantor - which on my CR shows as CA. I paid it in full. On my CR- the original student loan is showing as past due/not paid. I called them and they said there is nothing they can do but to take it  up with CRA.

Next, I call the guarantor I paid off. He said I had to take it up with original student loan. ugh!!!!!!!!!

I disputed with CRA which will probably make things worse. Any advice on where I should go from here.... wait for CRA answer or just keep calling original student loan until someone helps me?

this is like a full time job!!

Yes it is a full time job!!

Who did you PIF   OC or CA?   when and do you have a copy of the check?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the guarantor which is listed as the CA, so basically, the CA. I paid in Feb. 2006. I talked to the guy I dealt with at the CA (gaurantor) and he said he can't do anything and I need to deal with OC. OC says I need to deal with CRA.

I do not have a copy of the check. When I asked the guy at CA he said it wouldn't matter. Shoudl I call back and get one and if I do, send it to who exactly? The problem is this....

I paid OC around $1000.00 then it went into default and I paid CA $400.00 of what was owed - the remaining amount. The CA said if he sends my check showing the $400 it will look like I didn't pay in full - so should I ask OC for records? This student loan place is not nice and they weren't helpful.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it show as  a $0 balance? If you paid the SL late, there is not much you can do to take the negative remarks away. SLs are the ONLY remaining baddies on my reports. I have tried and tried with NO SUCCESS. At the end of the day you're at the mercy of Sallie Mae or US DEPT of ED.

Tuscany had some luck, but it took him a few years of GWs and such. But I don't think he was in our situation.

Good Luck.

Rob
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, doesn't show a zero balance. Just shows 120 days late and sent to gaurantor as bad debt collection. and it shows the opening balance. would it help if I had them list it as paid on my CR?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed wrote:
nope, doesn't show a zero balance. Just shows 120 days late and sent to gaurantor as bad debt collection. and it shows the opening balance. would it help if I had them list it as paid on my CR?

Pretty much all you can do with Dept of ED... Yes at least have them show as paid. They will still have remarks stating that they are Collection/Charge Off/ Claim submitted to Government for insured portion of loan, Etc.

But they will be listed as paid and the aging process starts there. I started with the SL PIF and began building positive TLs at an expedited rate directly afterwards. FICOs are up more than 100 points on all fronts now. I started on 2/14/2007 with scores in the high 400s now my middle score is 610 and my high score is 646 EX is stubborn and sits at 603.

Good luck. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Rob
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. I'll keep trying with the OC SL and see if someone there can help me.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.