Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The squeaky wheel....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The squeaky wheel....

I'm 23, just graduating college and am starting to repair the mess that is my credit report....
Thanks to these forums, I discovered that it IS possible to remove past mistakes before the 7 year drop-off period, with a little hard work and determination.

Well, I had an account with Verizon, that was 120+ days overdue, and just recently went to collections....I called to see if I could get a PFD...The first time, I got on the phone with a very angry woman, who was extremely rude...

Instead of curling up in bed in tears (like I wanted to), I waited and called back, and got this great guy who confirmed they would do pay for deletion. I will receive my letter within a week with that conversation's confirmation, and will pay the account. That's a huge one off my list!!

I also had an account with Express that had a 30 days past due from Jan 2005....I called, and they will be taking that off my account as well, with a letter being sent out today confirming this.

I still 3 more items- 2 of them collections!!- but I just wanted to say thanks to this site, because I NEVER EVEN KNEW  it was possible to negotiate with these lenders....
I was in college, and making poor decisions with credit, but have sinced learned my lesson and don't feel I should be punished another 4-5 years for those decisions.

Good luck to everyone in pulling their credit up, and THANKS TO ALL! Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The squeaky wheel....

Great job!! Just goes to show that persistence pays off.
Good luck with the rest of your efforts!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

although you have had great success so far the going rule is that you never talk on the phone to Ca's and never sign your paperwork as they can tape you saying "yes" and scan your sig.

Don't want to dampen your parade but whatever you do next you might wish to send in writing rather than discuss on the phone as there have been people who got a yes on the phone only to have them renig.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree...I know I might be getting too excited before it's put in writing, and I have it in front me on paper....But I think it's a great start....
I will keep that in mind, but most of these accounts are things that have been paid and I just need it to be wiped off the report.

I've got one I'm starting to tackle tomorrow morning  that's a dicey one, and I believe it will be in writing only...

....Hope I get my letters soon and will update...Thanks
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep going dont' lose steam
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. Be persistent. Good job. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.