Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Then and now - 12 months hard work

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Then and now - 12 months hard work

I have been fiscally responsible and piffing now for over six years.  The result of the first 5.5 years was to drag my scores up from the low 600s to the high 600s.  December 2006 my average FICO was 680 and EX was my highest at 695.

December 06 - 1 store cc, 1 gas cc, 1 CU cc, total CL $2,700

Starting in January, at first alone, then with the help of this place, I started to play the FICO game.

I now have added: $8,500 to the CU CL, a Barclay's @ $7,500 CL, a Chase @$8,500 CL and an AMEX @ $7,500.

Total CL gone up to more $35,000

Average score is now over 750, and EX is my LOWEST and has gone down to 687. (Wait for it......

EX hates me  Smiley Sad)

I can now get the best rates on anything I can afford, and EX should increase on March 18th.

Moral of the storyFiscal responsibility is necessary but not sufficient (any math people out there>  Smiley Happy).  The game needs to be played by FICOs rules as well.

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 12-12-2007 07:50 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Then and now - 12 months hard work

That is great--this is my first year with higher CL I hope I can join the 700 team in 2008--I have don better managing and got better approvals in 2007--so hopefully 2008 can be my year--we shall see!!
Message 2 of 14
Trying_to_climb
Valued Member

Congratulations Midnight Voice keep up the good work.  I hope to join you if not in 2008 for sure in 2009.  I am currently at EQ 627 but TU really hates me.  What's up with their scoring.  Yes, I know they have different items in their records.  But, they all have the same accounts.

Anyway, a big Congratulations to you.

Starting Score (1/26/10): EQ:620 TU:659 (2/17/10) Exp: 700 (2/18/10)
Current Score(6/02/10): EQ:658
Goal Score(12/31/10): EQ:670

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Yes-you've done well...Congrats!!Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 14
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

That's awesome MV!  You are an inspiration! Congrats!
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Message 5 of 14
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:
Average score is now over 750, and EX is my LOWEST and has gone down to 687. (Wait for it......

EX hates me  Smiley Sad)

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 12-12-2007 07:50 AM

LOL LOL
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know some on here call you MV and now it has a new meaning for you instead of MidnightVoice it is

MOTIVATION

That is what we get when we see your good news..

TU likes me very-happy smiley
EQ hates me :sad smiley

Wanta trade
Message 7 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
I know some on here call you MV and now it has a new meaning for you instead of MidnightVoice it is

MOTIVATION

That is what we get when we see your good news..

TU likes me very-happy smiley
EQ hates me :sad smiley

Wanta trade

Well thankee Smiley Very Happy  But I will keep my TU and EQ thank you very much  Smiley Sad

And BTW - I paid everything I owed anyone in full!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not made any settlements as well I have paid what my Balances and got the PFD if I could and now I only have 2 Collections left to get paid off one is for 50.00 that happened to get over looked in all the medical bills that came in and the other is 168.00 that I told I would not pay until I got a copy of the bill since they said they were mailing it to an address down the road from me that happens to be a vacant lot go figure. I would like to know why they never got any of them returned. It just feels better knowing that I have paid them and did not duck out and in today world that means alot. Great going MV
Message 9 of 14
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Midnight...I pay every cent.  If I bought it, I pay it.  I agree with you on THAT!  Seeing this post really made me feel good!  I KNOW we can all be there!  So Congratulations on doing a stellar job on getting back on track and sharing your story!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.